• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Champion Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
heres the deal,Champion,is a non-sched, qol for juniors, is probably going to be less than ideal because unless you live in domicile,you will be commuting for a reserve,or relief line, we are working in upping qol for everybody with a new contract currently under negotiation, we have an awesome MEC, God's grace we will settle this contract thing in the affirmative soon. if you are a senior FO,or even a jr CA living in base, life is not too bad, we are working on compensation , some guys hate this place with a passion, others love it, i think this place has potential, I hope,I pray it realises it. I love flying the 727 though, God's gift to pilots is the Boeing 3 holer. Good luck, whatever you decide.

heres the deal,Champion,is a non-sched, qol for juniors, is probably going to be less than ideal because unless you live in domicile,you will be commuting for a reserve,or relief line, we are working in upping qol for everybody with a new contract currently under negotiation, we have an awesome MEC, God's grace we will settle this contract thing in the affirmative soon. if you are a senior FO,or even a jr CA living in base, life is not too bad, we are working on compensation , some guys hate this place with a passion, others love it, i think this place has potential, I hope,I pray it realises it. I love flying the 727 though, God's gift to pilots is the Boeing 3 holer. Good luck, whatever you decide.

It appears that on APC the company is hiring, now a few questions:
-If hired do you have to go through the FE panel before the right seat?
-Is it necessary to have the FE tkt?
-How is attrition now ? Forecast about an upgrade time-frame?
-If DFW is your preferred domicile is it easy to obtain?
-How is the schedule structured?
-If successful what will be the outcome of the current negotiation?
-And ultimately are there any contracts of any sort at the time of joining?

I know a lot of questions but I will appreciate anybody waisting their time to answer any questions.
Thanks again!!!:)

1. yes
2. just the fe written
3.people are leaving ,everywhere from mesaba recalls, to newhires at continental.airtran et al. upgrades several months to a year on the panel depending,on growth,business,and attrition.
4. DTW is junior, all seats, MSP is senior, DFW ,and STL are somewhere in the middle, a new hire may get DFW as engineer,but you would get a better idea at the interview.
5. you bid a line, every month,guarantee 65 hrs. 11 days off min in a line.
6.better compensation,better QOL.
7.NO training contracts.
8. Good luck,Godspeed whether you come here or not.

I just got the call for interview for FE. I am a First Officer at ASA on the 70 seater. I am getting close to upgrade to Capt. in about 6 months. Would you jump to Champion or would you stick it out and get the 1000 pic time? I Love my job but have to say that ASA has huge problems.
Champion a good place to work? I would like to talk to someone about their airline and charters. I don't mind giving my cell to see if this is a good move or not.
Thanks

If you are flying a 70 seat EFIS Equipped Aircraft with FMS, I presume it is a jet aircraft, and you are that close to being a captain then I would stay where I was at. Yes flying the 3 holer is fun, but being a FE is a dead end job, the B727 is a dinosaur. And Champion Air is a lousy place to work.

If you are flying a 70 seat EFIS Equipped Aircraft with FMS, I presume it is a jet aircraft, and you are that close to being a captain then I would stay where I was at. Yes flying the 3 holer is fun, but being a FE is a dead end job, the B727 is a dinosaur. And Champion Air is a lousy place to work.
Thanks, I will tell Susan thanks but no thanks. I should just get the 1000 pic and I will be more marketable any way.. Thanks for your input.

If you are close to upgrading ,career wise it would make more sense to stick it out where you are,the 727 is an awesome ship,I love flying it, but you would probably be better off getting your PIC at ASA,rather than changing horses midstream. Every place has its issues, this place has potential,that many hope will be realized. cheers,n5374f, whoever you are, i hope you are happy in your new position. rtseat jockey, Godspeed whatever you choose.

I was leaning that way, thanks for the input. I think you're right though, I will just stay right here, get the 1000 pic and that makes me more marketable. Thanks again.

I'm going to take the FE Basic Turbojet after a few more days of studying. I have the ATP121 written in the bag already. With my A&P I could do the FE ride in the sim somewhere. I have 1400hrs total, 600hrs turbine SIC, 12 or so turbine PIC. If anyone would venture a guess at what my chances would be of getting on the panel, I'd appreciate it. Also if the 2000tt requirement is solid.

Oh wait, I meant to say "I'm asking for a friend of mine" ;)

Last edited:
I would love to fly the 727, classic bird. I just don't know if it would be worth wile to do the FE written to try and get on with champion. Seems to me that all roads lead to the regionals. I guess im just to sentimental.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back