• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Challenger 850

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2250 for the range? That is almost half the range of the 604... We can go 4200 with 20,000 lbs leaving about 2,500lb reserve. Just how much gas does the 850 carry? My guess is only 12,000 or so.

You put some fuel tanks in the CRJ to offset the stretch as compared to the CL604, and you can fly twice around the world. Ya'll quit dogging the CRJ, it has a lot more room than most corporate jets (and I have flown quite a few "big" corporate planes).

OK, so we know that if you add tanks (to offset the stretch) it will go around the world, not once, but twice (and in complete comfort due to cabin size).

If you do not add any tanks, how much fuel does it hold?

HMR said:
What's with "banned username 2" ?

Did I miss the memo?
He, along with 'banned username 1' are the creators of a world where propilots hang out. So the superwebsitemasteroftheflightinfodotcomwebsiteuniverse changed their names.

I would think with a 1500lb or larger aux tank in the CR2, you could realistically do 5+ hours with a 2000lb reserve if cruising 350 or above...with 20 or fewer pax. Of course you'd be flying at .74 and climbing at 500fpm above the mid 20s the whole way up...

I wonder what a refurbished CR2 with 700 engines, an aux tank, and corporate interior would cost these days, especially compared to a new Legacy.

BoilerUP said:
I wonder what a refurbished CR2 with 700 engines, an aux tank, and corporate interior would cost these days, especially compared to a new Legacy.

I honestly think that there is a market for the used CRJ fleet, call me crazy. There's a lot of them out there, and, despite what some say, it's a very durable airframe.

I'm gonna say that whichever company comes out with some good mods (upgraded engines w/FADEC, aftermarket fuel tanks, maybe an auto temp control ;) ) stands to make some money, a la 727. Better yet, scrap the temp control and build a cargo door.

What were we talking about, Challenger 850? Sorry....

A takeoff distance of 6305, sea level and ISA?

It will be a very limited corporate airplane with that performance.

Cl850

LegacyDriver said:
Anyone have any scoop on this bird? Is it a CRJ700 "Legacy-ized"?

Length - 87'10"

Cabin dimensions - 40'2"x6'2"x8'2"

Wing span - 69'7"

Max ramp wt. - 53,250 lbs

Max ldg. - 47,000

Max fuel - 18,305 lbs

Engines - Two GE CF-34-3B1 @ 8,729 lbs thrust ea.

Normal cruise - M0.80

LRC - M0.74

Range @ Normal cruise (8 pax w/ reserves) - 2,650nm

Range @ LRC (8 pax w/ reserves) - 2,880nm

T/O MGTW, ISA, SL - 6,305 ft.

Ldg MLW, ISA SL - 2.910 ft.

Max Alt - FL410

Initial Alt - FL370

DOC - $2,065 hr.

Price - $28.95 million

Looks like a Bombardier Legacy to me.

GV