Challenger 850

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Legacy--I think it's a CRJ-200. But I may be wrong.TC

It's a -200. Had one here when Bombardier brought a bunch of their product to CMI for an open house. It was nice inside...and it was REALLY hard to stand there looking at the interior and trying to imagine 50 seats!!

Man that's so weird......

The CRJ is a REGIONAL JET (tm) based on a CORPORATE jet. Now that same REGIONAL jet is being use to create a new CORPORATE jet. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

They are not new, Bombardier has been offering them for years. Its essentially a Global Express cabin w/o the Range on a RJ budget.

CG

oops forgot the w/o

Last edited:
Computer Geek said:
They are not new, Bombardier has been offering them for years. Its essentially a Global Express cabin / Range on a RJ budget.

CG

My understanding was that it's nowhere near the GLEX range...it's slightly better than RJ range due to another fuel tank.
It's true, they've been offered for years but the airlines have been snatching up all of the -200 airframes so Bombardier hasn't been doing too many deliveries. Now that the airline side of things has slowed, Bombardier is marketing them a little harder.

Oh yeah, also remembered the pilots said that the Fuel Control panel is different than the airliner panel/computer.

Computer Geek said:
They are not new, Bombardier has been offering them for years. Its essentially a Global Express cabin / Range on a RJ budget.

CG

same as GLEX range?

you sure about that?

I know nothing about RJs but I thought they went 3-4 hours? (and thats farkin torture)

:D

Anybody know how hard it would be to convert a CRJ into an 850?
Was just in KCKB dropping my airplane at Bombardier and saw about 15-20 Indy RJ's sitting.

Ahhhhh the plot thickens.

Also am hearing about an 870 and 890. 70- and 90-Seater conversions respectively perhaps?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back