• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Challenger 850

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was at the Napa, CA airport this weekend were they had the IRL race in Sonoma. There were a couple of Legacy's as well as a CRJ200 and a CRJ700. I think the 700 was N1RL ...(NIRL) and the 200 was 500**...(forgot the letters). From what I could see, it looked like the 700 was configured with a "shuttle" interior. I am thinking they shuttle all of the Indy ground team (not race teams). The 200 looked like a typical "low-rider" airplane. The 700 looked good.

skiandsurf said:
I was at the Napa, CA airport this weekend were they had the IRL race in Sonoma. There were a couple of Legacy's as well as a CRJ200 and a CRJ700. I think the 700 was N1RL ...(NIRL) and the 200 was 500**...(forgot the letters). From what I could see, it looked like the 700 was configured with a "shuttle" interior. I am thinking they shuttle all of the Indy ground team (not race teams). The 200 looked like a typical "low-rider" airplane. The 700 looked good.

I don't know specifically, but it would make sense that N1RL is Tony George's/Indy Racing League. The IRL is sponsored by Bombardier (note that the Press Pagoda at Indy is the "Bombardier Press Pagoda),

skiandsurf said:

I don't know specifically, but it would make sense that N1RL is Tony George's/Indy Racing League. The IRL is sponsored by Bombardier (note that the Press Pagoda at Indy is the "Bombardier Press Pagoda), and

skiandsurf said:

I don't know specifically, but it would make sense that N1RL is Tony George's/Indy Racing League. The IRL is sponsored by Bombardier (note that the Press Pagoda at Indy is the "Bombardier Press Pagoda), and it sounds like an appropriate "vanity" N- number.

mzaharis said:
The IRL is sponsored by Bombardier

Yeah, Bombardier had a little static display at the airport with a Lear 40. There were a handful of people there, but the one that stood out was Danika Patrick. She was just a little girl with big sunglasses. And sorry guys, she was with some dude.

500PR (Penske Racing)- CRJ 200 - 46 seats - AUTOTHROTTLE and HUD, I have meet the Pilots and had to verify the autothrottles, pretty impressive for a corporate shuttle. They said they can fly from Sonoma, CA to Concord, NC (outside CLT) nonstop with 30 SOB's (plus crew).

Latest resources

Back