• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CFI Renewal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did Gleim this time. Last time it was American Flyers. I perferred Gliem. It only took about 10 hrs to get it done.

MrScary said:
Renewed mine recently through http://www.aviationseminars.com/
Did the live seminar. Was relatively painless. Even ran into a few people I knew.

I did it this way too, and I'll do it through aviation seminars again. I met a lot of really interesting men (there were no women in the 40+ individuals there) with backgrounds ranging from young CFI's, AK bush pilots, senior citizens who teach a few students for fun at the local FBO, guys who are so not -current that they don't understand class B,C,D, E airspace, retired military, and airline. A good opportunity to tell hangar stories, learn a little, even network.

If you fly as a captain for a 135 or 121 carrier you can just fill out an 8710 and give it to your POI or an FAA inspector at FSDO...free of charge.

With american flyers, the computer has to be logged on for the 30 hrs. You don't have to actually be sitting in front of it. And as stated above, "the price is right".

Chronic Jetlag said:
If you fly as a captain for a 135 or 121 carrier you can just fill out an 8710 and give it to your POI or an FAA inspector at FSDO...free of charge.

That's exactly correct. Also, if you are a Check Airman at your airline, it's a no brainer.

If you are an active CFI and have any kind of relationship with the FAA FSDO it can be done very easy.

I would never suggest that one of these courses are not valuable, just not really necessary.

i just did the jeppesen course. took all of four hours. good links and materials included too... i guess i should go back and look at them.
-casper

I did Jepp last year but think I am going to try american flyers next year.

Spaceball1 said:
With American Flyers, the computer has to be logged on for the 30 hrs. You don't have to actually be sitting in front of it. And as stated above, "the price is right".
I'm an American Flyers user as guy (next spring will be my 3rd or 4th renewal with them so my original $100 expenditure was paid off a long time ago. Yeah, it's dry and yeah, you have to "run out the clock" but the price is definitely right. Besides, you guys are going to spend that amount of time in front of the monitor anyway. You just have to have the American Flyer's window minimized. ;)

'Sled

so you can simply minimize the window while you are browsing the net?

Latest resources

Back