• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CFI needed in Flagstaff, AZ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
well I feel that flight instruction is highly underpaid thats just how it is and it is not really going to change anytime soon. Look at how teachers in general are paid. Unfortunatly it brings many lousy instructors in that only care about getting hours and getting the heck out.

but this job does pay ok for flight instruction and it is available :). So someone jump on it quick my students are eager to continue.

paid4training said:
PLEASE GET THE FCK OUT OF AVIATION WITH THAT THINKING!!!! WE HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS GETTING PAID WHAT WE ARE WORTH!!!!!

Easy Francis! I don't know what your months of experience have taught you, but $17 an hour to start isn't bad by comparison for a one instructor shop. The networking is priceless. That in itself will lead to a much better paying gig as it did for me and countless others who came before and after me.
We are worth what people are willing to pay, not what we think we are worth. And BTW.....there is a huge difference between a CEO and a 500 hour flight instructor, so that comparison just won't fly.

Ugh...Flagstaff. Yeah, tons of chicks...if you're into the type that have more hair on their legs and pits than most four-legged animals. That town has so many hippies and granolas running around it, it shocks me every time.

Plus, you're right in that housing isn't the cheapest in AZ. I thought prices were high around Prescott, Flag certainly has them beat by a considerable margin (I'll admit I haven't looked in the last six months, things may have cooled down since then). I have a couple buddies in the construction business up there and in Kachina, and they both mentioned once or twice how they were just shocked at the prices people were willing to pay for houses.

Sorry, I just have a beef with that town, it's always been one bad experience after another when I go up there.

Wiseman though, they do run a class act FBO. I've been in there a few times and they have always been outrageously accomodating. It's good to hear they treat their employees as favorably as their customers. If I weren't so happy at what I'm doing in Prescott, I'd want to find a place like Wiseman to work for. I hope you guys tracked down somebody for the job.

flyinlow67 said:
Easy Francis! I don't know what your months of experience have taught you, but $17 an hour to start isn't bad by comparison for a one instructor shop. The networking is priceless. That in itself will lead to a much better paying gig as it did for me and countless others who came before and after me.
We are worth what people are willing to pay, not what we think we are worth. And BTW.....there is a huge difference between a CEO and a 500 hour flight instructor, so that comparison just won't fly.

Well mr. knoweverything, Anytime any pilot says "I'll take less" is an invitation for the next guy to take less. Let's say this guy takes this job for less, and gets this experience you talk about. He applies for your company I am assuming you work for and will take less money because it is a Jet (or whatever you allknowing folks fly). He gets hired for half what you get paid and a burb in the economy comes around and they start laying off. You end up taking a pay cut because the boss can find someone who will do it cheaper. And he will be right because, well hell He hired your buddy for half price. Its called trickle down bs. I was comparing a CEO to a pilot because in theory you (Allmighty) ARE the CEO of your airplane and passengers or cagro.

Oh I learned all this in my ONE month so please be gentle...a$$clown

stearnst said:
Ugh...Flagstaff. Yeah, tons of chicks...if you're into the type that have more hair on their legs and pits than most four-legged animals. That town has so many hippies and granolas running around it, it shocks me every time.

Plus, you're right in that housing isn't the cheapest in AZ. I thought prices were high around Prescott, Flag certainly has them beat by a considerable margin (I'll admit I haven't looked in the last six months, things may have cooled down since then). I have a couple buddies in the construction business up there and in Kachina, and they both mentioned once or twice how they were just shocked at the prices people were willing to pay for houses.

Sorry, I just have a beef with that town, it's always been one bad experience after another when I go up there.

Wiseman though, they do run a class act FBO. I've been in there a few times and they have always been outrageously accomodating. It's good to hear they treat their employees as favorably as their customers. If I weren't so happy at what I'm doing in Prescott, I'd want to find a place like Wiseman to work for. I hope you guys tracked down somebody for the job.

I'm sure your displeasure with flagstaff doesn't have to do with a certain government organization, huh? ;)

paid4training said:
Well mr. knoweverything, Anytime any pilot says "I'll take less" is an invitation for the next guy to take less. Let's say this guy takes this job for less, and gets this experience you talk about. He applies for your company I am assuming you work for and will take less money because it is a Jet (or whatever you allknowing folks fly). He gets hired for half what you get paid and a burb in the economy comes around and they start laying off. You end up taking a pay cut because the boss can find someone who will do it cheaper. And he will be right because, well hell He hired your buddy for half price. Its called trickle down bs. I was comparing a CEO to a pilot because in theory you (Allmighty) ARE the CEO of your airplane and passengers or cagro.

Oh I learned all this in my ONE month so please be gentle...a$$clown

Yeah, thanks for the economic lesson there junior. Welcome to the real world. It happens in every career out there, not just ours. Doesn't make it right, but that's the way it is. Learn to deal with it, or burn out trying to fight it.

flyinlow67 said:
Yeah, thanks for the economic lesson there junior. Welcome to the real world. It happens in every career out there, not just ours. Doesn't make it right, but that's the way it is. Learn to deal with it, or burn out trying to fight it.

Hey dude, you might want to either update your profile regarding your airplanes flown or stop calling someone you have no idea anything about "junior"...I have been in this industry for quite awhile!!!!

Latest resources

Back