CFI needed in Flagstaff, AZ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyingnome

Just thought I would post this up. My current flight instructor job is up for grabs in Flagstaff, AZ. I was recently hired into a Part 135 job and my last day is one week from tomorrow or 7/21/06.

As for the job itself it is a flight instruction job, taking over as the only flight instructor for Wiseman Aviation. I have enjoyed the job for the past 11 months and it was a relief teaching in Flagstaff rather than at ERAU in Prescott.

I averaged 80 hours a month of flight time over the past 11 months so its really not bad. I am trying to find myself a replacement as I currently have 10 students that I will be needing to pass on very soon.

Specific details about the job available to those interested.

Eric Bradley
[email protected]

Just a bump for this job. I will be leaving in less than a week so this would be a great job for someone looking to build time.

who you workin' for in Sedona? Wish I still lived out there, but Florida will have to do... best of luck. class of 05 here

I got a job with Sedona Sky Treks running Part 135 tours and on demand Air Charter flying one of their several Cessna 210's. I am pretty excited about the change and its enough money to warrent the 30 mile commute ;). Although it isnt multi time I only plan on doing this for a year while my Fiancee finished up her schooling at NAU.

But seriously the CFI job out of Flagstaff is nice because it would be a one man show carring on average 10-14 students at any given time. Pulling between 800-1000 hours in a year is sweet and I was glad to have the opportunity to do so.

Not only that, but the mountain flying is awesome, and Flag is a beautiful place to live... also keep in mind NAU in Flagstaff is over 70% female... atleast it was when I was out there :)

Hey flyingnome,

What kind of aircraft do they use? What's the pay like? What's the approximate cost of living in the Flagstaff area?

Thanks!

The company is Wiseman Aviation www.flywise.com I started out at 17 dollars per hour for flight instruction. For me it was good as I had just left the 14.43 Riddle was paying for a CFI.

There are currently 2 aircraft both Cessna 172M models. All of my students are currently Primary students but one of the aircraft should be finished being IFR certified after its engine is through being overhauled. Hours vary depending on student load but it has been pretty steady for me at about 80-100 hours of flight time per month. Ground time is paid the same as flight instruction.

A nice bonus about this job is that you will meet a bunch of other pilots. There are a TON of corporate flights that go in and out of Flagstaff each day and the number of pilots from netjets, flexjet, many med flights, and ameriflight that I have met is astonishing. The last flight instructor before me was hired right out of the lobby to fly for a local corporate flight department out of the Gore Company. I found my new job while hanging out around the desk at Wiseman between flights with students.

Cost of living in flagstaff varys depending on what part of town you want to live in. House or Apartment? My apartment is just over 600 a month including water and trash. The cost of living in Flagstaff is not the cheapest in arizona by any means but it is a nice place to live. There is plenty to do around the area as it is a "college" town. Let me know if you have any more specific questions I would be happy to help.

Eric

Latest resources

Back