CFI needed in Flagstaff, AZ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PacoPollo said:
The pay is very competitive. Thats good. I would personally settle for less.

I would agree, there are companys that treat their pilots a lot worse than I have it here. I still need this job filled though I am outta here come friday...

I just completed compiling a list of current students and where they are their training and came up with 15 current students any where from flight number 3 to mid solo cross countries. And just like H. Agenda not only is it good flying time... great town,lotsa chicks...

flyingnome said:
The company is Wiseman Aviation www.flywise.com I started out at 17 dollars per hour for flight instruction. For me it was good as I had just left the 14.43 Riddle was paying for a CFI.

There are currently 2 aircraft both Cessna 172M models. All of my students are currently Primary students but one of the aircraft should be finished being IFR certified after its engine is through being overhauled. Hours vary depending on student load but it has been pretty steady for me at about 80-100 hours of flight time per month. Ground time is paid the same as flight instruction.

A nice bonus about this job is that you will meet a bunch of other pilots. There are a TON of corporate flights that go in and out of Flagstaff each day and the number of pilots from netjets, flexjet, many med flights, and ameriflight that I have met is astonishing. The last flight instructor before me was hired right out of the lobby to fly for a local corporate flight department out of the Gore Company. I found my new job while hanging out around the desk at Wiseman between flights with students.

Cost of living in flagstaff varys depending on what part of town you want to live in. House or Apartment? My apartment is just over 600 a month including water and trash. The cost of living in Flagstaff is not the cheapest in arizona by any means but it is a nice place to live. There is plenty to do around the area as it is a "college" town. Let me know if you have any more specific questions I would be happy to help.

Eric

Thanks for the info flyingnome! Sound's like a pretty good gig and a great area to live. I'm not very happy at my current FBO, so I've been looking for something else, I just don't know how fast I'd be able to make a move from Idaho down to Arizona.

PacoPollo said:
The pay is very competitive. Thats good. I would personally settle for less.

PLEASE GET THE FCK OUT OF AVIATION WITH THAT THINKING!!!! WE HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS GETTING PAID WHAT WE ARE WORTH!!!!!

Oh so this quote is cool with you? WTF? "I would take less"...

Anytime someone is okay with getting paid less than they are worth is not a good thing. Have you ever heard a CEO of a company say they will take less than they are worth? NOPE!!!!

Latest resources

Back