• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Central Air crash in Michigan?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Holy crap RJPilott, shut your yap and give it a rest already. Forget about who's calling who a pvssy.. the impression we're getting from your posts is that you're just an arrogant blowhard a$$hole.

Shut the hell up and go back to your high and mighty RJ or Airbus forums. Please.

“That’s my baby brother. That’s my son, my baby. That’s everything for me,” the victim’s brother, Salim Polis, says of his family’s grief.

“We want to know why, why the owner of the company let the pilot fly in this kind of weather. Until now, we don't have the answer,” said Salim Polis.

But when they saw the crash scene, they realized there was very little anybody could do for the pilot.

“The fuel had come out of the wings and was on the trees, so the trees were burning from the bottom to the tops and there was just a big fireball,” Hart said.

Polis, an immigrant from Iraq, had recently earned his flight instructor’s license.

He was delivering small packages and bundles of checks when the accident happened.

“My brother, he was an angel,” said Salim Polis. “He's very nice guy. He's honest and a hard worker.”

Suhel worked for the Central Air Southwest Company, where no one was available for comment Friday night.

The Federal Aviation Administration is now in charge of investigating the crash.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_322230758.html

I'll keep quiet now.................

As PIC you are responsible for ALL aspects of your flight.

I flew at CAS for 8 months and it was the most that I have ever learned in aviation. It was a great experience flying for JT and MB.

It always a sad day when a fellow aviatior passes away. My prayers are with his family

RJPilott said:
“That’s my baby brother. That’s my son, my baby. That’s everything for me,” the victim’s brother, Salim Polis, says of his family’s grief.

“We want to know why, why the owner of the company let the pilot fly in this kind of weather. Until now, we don't have the answer,” said Salim Polis.

But when they saw the crash scene, they realized there was very little anybody could do for the pilot.

“The fuel had come out of the wings and was on the trees, so the trees were burning from the bottom to the tops and there was just a big fireball,” Hart said.

Polis, an immigrant from Iraq, had recently earned his flight instructor’s license.

He was delivering small packages and bundles of checks when the accident happened.

“My brother, he was an angel,” said Salim Polis. “He's very nice guy. He's honest and a hard worker.”

Suhel worked for the Central Air Southwest Company, where no one was available for comment Friday night.

The Federal Aviation Administration is now in charge of investigating the crash.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_322230758.html

I'll keep quiet now.................

OH my god dude were doin it man, were almost there 410 DUDE!!!!!!!!

ReJect Pilot...

RJPilott said:
Let me ask you, do you plan on flying for a 121 carrier? Or a respectable 135 operator? If so, and they offer more than 5-9 days of training and IOE (Initial operating experience), full motion sims with failures, fires, smoke in cabin, gear collapse, Instrument failures... etc etc...are you going to call them "pvssies"? What if you get called for a FEX interview? (will never happen IMO). Are you going to call your Traning scheduler a pvssy for scheduling you more than 9 days hire to line? LOL

I cant count how many cowboys like you we love to waive to as you leave the training center.

So, where did you go with your AC500 PIC?

As far as me being a pu$$y. I was flying Single pilot 135 PIC at 800 hours in and out of LGA, EWR, JFK, BOS.. etc. I didnt get hired at ACA till 1800 hours after being a chief pilot for a well known corporation with Single pilot TP's in the Northeast.

Fly FAR 121? Hopefully not at a Regional Airline...
I already fly charter & freight at a respectable FAR 135 operator...
I have nothing against good training... you just don't have the balls to do this type flying...
Never flew AC500...

I don't think you flew FAR 135 freight, period... You sound like an ACADEMY pilot, maybe.... RAA, TAB express, etc... With your 800tt/ bought multi...

GOD DAMN, is this guy full of $hit or himself or both, what the difference?

He didn't fly single pilot IFR 135 with 800TT...

What else do you expect a grieving family to say.

Airnet and Ameriflight, although perhaps the best in the 135 industry, have had their share of accidents too.

I don't have the same career aspirations as you RJPilott. I'm not under some illusion that I'll get a call from FedEX, UPS Continental, etc., because I haven't applied, don't meet their hirining minimums.

If anyone ever whipped out a portable DVD player while on my flightdeck I'd slap them silly - what part of the operations manual does that fall under? You are flying an airplane with 50 lives + on it, what part of 'irresponsible' don't you understand.

What does flying 135 for a year get you - you asked - more PIC time than a 7 year ACA/FLYi FO.

Why won't you answer my questions...

Last edited:
RJ pilot, I think you need to familiarize yourself with the135 PIC requirements and give us an honest answer as to how you built your flight time. You were not flying 135 PIC at 800 hours.

Pilots are required to have the Part 135 IFR PIC minimums per 135.243(c):
  • Commercial pilot certificate with an instrument rating
  • 1200 Hours Total
  • 500 Hours Cross Country - point to point
  • 100 Hours Night
  • 75 Hours Instrument total - up to 25 in a simulator allowed
  • 50 Hours Instrument in flight - simulated (hood) or actual

Last edited:
P.S. How did you become a Chief Pilot without the required 3 years experience needed?

1. Check that the Certificate Holder's manual includes instructions and information that, in the case of a person becoming a Chief Pilot for the first time ever, have at least 3 years experience, within the past 6 years, as pilot in command of a large airplane operated under part 121 or part 135 of this chapter, if the certificate holder operates large airplanes. If the certificate holder uses only small airplanes in its operation, the experience may be obtained in either large or small airplanes.
Sources: 119.67(b)(1); 121.135(a)(1)
Interfaces: 2.1.1(AW); 2.1.1(OP)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back