CastofThousands

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I finally figured out who B19 is.

He is the manager that decided to start following "On Time" statistics for Private Jets. Anyone that knows this business well knows that we go when the passengers show up. Its not an airline. We don't have a hard set in stone departure time. Thats exactly why people use a personal/corporate jet. They want to go when they want to go.

Actually B hasn't been correct. He posts factual errors about the NJA contract and will not admit that he was incorrect. His reasoning that the union contract at NJA was responsible for furloughs has been disproven many times. He originally said that NJA would furlough more people in terms of % than the other companys, then later changed his "prediction" to total number of pilots. When I called him out on that, no response. Go figure.

I have been spot in in everything I've stated would happen. NJ is still cutting back with massive losses last year that would have placed any other company out of business had it not been for the backing of B-H. The non union fracs keep chugging along and adjusting to the economy.

Those pilots and families throughout NJ are being tortured as a result of that contract. If it was such a great contract, why wasn't it matched at FLOPS? Because if FAILED.

So Mr smarty pants. Explain this to me. How is it the pilot unions fault for the wages obtained in the 2005 contract? The COMPANY had to also agree to this. What part of THE COMPANY HAD TO AGREE do you have such a hard time understanding?

It's the unions fault for not adjusting the contract as the economy changes. Unions are notorious for pushing a fixed cost contract to the brink of bankruptcy before the contract is opened to adjust to the proper downsizing of the company to match the economy. How many non-union jobs were shed before the union jobs were? The entire company is placed into turmoil, not just the pilot's union. If not for B-H, you'd all be out of work right now.

It IS the unions fault because the company is unable to adjust for the rapid changed within the business model demanded by the economy.

4 Sevens,

I am sorry. 19 is not correct. He is a misrepresenter of the facts:
19 declared certain things would occur because of the presence of Unions. This is eminently not the case.

Its like the democrats declaring disaster would strike because of George Bush and when Katrina hit saying ... " See we told you!"

Now when a large portion of your customers work in the NY financial industry which gets hit with a financial storm ... will those people let their homes go into foreclosure ... it will they return their Jets to a company that has a return policy similar to the Policy COSTCO has when I return an consumer electronics device?

Many of our passengers have suffered financial loss and therefore returned their planes. When this happens there is less demand for pilots. This is not related in any way shape or form to whether these pilots are union or non-union.

B-19 has never demonstrated how the union has anything to do with the need for reduction in force.

It makes a huge difference if your work force has a pilot to plane ratio that is head and shoulders above the rest of the industry. That is driven solely by the work rules within the contract, nothing else. The company hired more pilots than were needed because they had to, it wasn't an option. No company hires based on projected sales, they hire based on what it takes to operate the current fleet and that is based on the work rules. That is pure union... nothing more.

Sure, B. Just keep telling yourself that. There, there. It's alright.

Let the whining begin.

Does it really matter?

I don't agree with everything he posts, but he does at least think about things before he puts it on the board.

It seems that people like attacking him more than discussing pertinent topics.

The message board are normally very quiet until he post a message.

For almost 4 years I've been attacked no matter what facts I place on the table. Industry Leading contracts always fail because they set unrealistic expectations while the economy is enjoying "good times" just like what has happened at NJ now. The last answer to this question will be how low will it go?

Is it possible that the new FLOPS contract could be the new industry standard? Remains to be seen... but the NJ contract seems to be doomed with the ongoing furloughs and reductions in staff.

They always prefer to attack.. just like the school yard bully. That is what they always do, the difference being I'm going to stay on point and continue to show how the unions have a negative effect on the industry.

Wait until the pilots at FLOPS discover that all the grey area missed in the FLOPS contract will be exploited by the company. They will blame the company and not the union negotiators. Let the whining begin.

Sure, B. Just keep telling yourself that. There, there. It's alright.

It's historical that it happens. If you have never had to staff for pilots, you haven't a clue as to what the impact is of a minor change to the contract.

Latest resources

Back