• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cargo 360 just bought Southern Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KAL wasn't involved in the discussions and have only recently been informed. It is my understanding that they have not yet responded either for or against. Also, that KAL's contract was with Cargo 360, No Cargo 360, No contract. Many herdles to over come yet.

KAL wasn't involved in the discussions and have only recently been informed. It is my understanding that they have not yet responded either for or against. Also, that KAL's contract was with Cargo 360, No Cargo 360, No contract. Many herdles to over come yet.
You happen to have a link to your source info...?

Thought so. :rolleyes:

FYI, Korean recently signed a long term contract extension with Southern, and has been asking for additional aircraft from SAI for sometime now. But you and your source probably did not know that.

Do you really think Oak Hill was stupid enough to move forward on a multi-million dollar investment without consulting their primary customer...?

C'mon man.

kal is not happy and the owners of the 400s are not happy. This is not a done deal yet.
Again, do you have a link to the source for that info...?

Seriously, WTF would they care...? If you don't have a real source to back your rumor up, at least explain your logic...

Plus I thought you guys claimed to "own" those birds already, no...?

Please resist the temptation to grab ahold of any rumor that floats by, just to kid yourself into thinking things are not going to change.

Not trying to be a Dick about this, it's just that I have been through this sort of situation before... And your best bet is to steer the raft around the rocks instead of trying to force it back up the river...

FYI, Korean recently signed a long term contract extension with Southern, and has been asking for additional aircraft from SAI for sometime now. But you and your source probably did not know that

EXACTLY! Thank you for making our point. They want more aircraft but you guys have three sitting this month. Sounds like a management problem. Chill dude this merger could work out for the best for all parties we have to stick together.

FYI, Korean recently signed a long term contract extension with Southern, and has been asking for additional aircraft from SAI for sometime now. But you and your source probably did not know that

EXACTLY! Thank you for making our point. They want more aircraft but you guys have three sitting this month. Sounds like a management problem. Chill dude this merger could work out for the best for all parties we have to stick together.
??? :confused:

What...?

My point is that Korean is happy enough with our services, that they would like us to operate a larger fleet for them.

IMO that is the whole point behind this merger.

You are the one tossing out unsubstantiated rumors, without knowing the facts pal. You should take your own advice and "chill".

We keep one plane in RKSI as a spare (per customer request), one is in heavy check, and one is used for DOD + Ad Hoc missions.

Other than that, we do have one or more aircraft go down for MNX issues for short periods (like planes that fly on an almost non-stop op tempo tend to do on occasion), or if the customer has canceled a rotation...

So...?

Look, just because you are unhappy about the changes does not mean you need to keep blaming Southern (or trying to find fault with our operation).

Your owners bought us, your owners placed our management in charge, and your owners wanted to merge your company into Southern + have it continue, not Cargo 360...

And now Oak Hill owns both of our companies. It is a done deal. You might as well get used to it and stop pining for what "coulda/woulda/shoulda" been.

A DOH merger (instead of a staple), a growing company with rapid upgrades, new routes, possible new equipment, and joining a pilot group that you will find is professional and decent... Take my word for it, you really do not know how good you have it (unless you've gone through a few bankruptcies/bad mergers/closures in the past).

Things will turn out just fine for both of our groups, but in the meantime, please don't just toss out something "some guy said" (just because you don't want the status quo to change)... That will only cause resentment and confusion. Neither of us needs that.

Blue Skies my Friend, cya on the line...

Last edited:
You happen to have a link to your source info...?

Thought so. :rolleyes:

FYI, Korean recently signed a long term contract extension with Southern, and has been asking for additional aircraft from SAI for sometime now. But you and your source probably did not know that.

Do you really think Oak Hill was stupid enough to move forward on a multi-million dollar investment without consulting their primary customer...?

C'mon man.

I PMd Dakota, hope he's satisfied.

A few questions remain.

1. Why do you put up with 20 day rotations for around 65 hrs of operating? Am I missing something? Your August bid packet took awhile to decipher, but I'm sure I'll get better with practice. It doesn't seem very efficient.

2. The Mil leave verbage is illegal. Slinky was kind enough to point us to the text. Is this how it realy works or are your Mil guys able to get off the time you need without question?

3. SAI's maitenance reputation is poor. Do you agree or disagree? Why? How many MCOs do carry on the books generally?

These two things are No-Go items for me. The second one I can fix, but I'ld rather hear from SAI pilots before goig down the FederaLegal road. But #1, what's up?

I PMd Dakota, hope he's satisfied.

A few questions remain.

1. Why do you put up with 20 day rotations for around 65 hrs of operating? Am I missing something? Your August bid packet took awhile to decipher, but I'm sure I'll get better with practice. It doesn't seem very efficient.

2. The Mil leave verbage is illegal. Slinky was kind enough to point us to the text. Is this how it realy works or are your Mil guys able to get off the time you need without question?

3. SAI's maitenance reputation is poor. Do you agree or disagree? Why? How many MCOs do carry on the books generally?

These two things are No-Go items for me. The second one I can fix, but I'ld rather hear from SAI pilots before goig down the FederaLegal road. But #1, what's up?

We are hoping that with the 3 new hire classes coming on the line soon we will start to get a break with the 20 day rotations. When I hired on I was told that they were working on about 15 days out with 5 days of home reserve. Lets hope with proper staffing that will be a reality You are correct about the poor utilization of crews though. I recently spent exactly 20 days out and only blocked 43 hours. That sucks and needs to change. Just as Cargo 360 was working on getting better, so is SAI. It will take time to make these changes. Lets hope for the best.

Latest resources

Back