• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Captain Sticky Fingers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So just out of curiosity, will this thread be deleted like the ASA craigslist one? That thar looks like personal info to me.

You're right, maybe I shouldn't have posted his name, because of FI's rules.
On the other hand, it was already posted via a newslink and besides, it's public information anyway.
I just copied it and reposted it because someone said that the incident was not caught on camera.

You're right, maybe I shouldn't have posted his name, because of FI's rules.
On the other hand, it was already posted via a newslink and besides, it's public information anyway.
I just copied it and reposted it because someone said that the incident was not caught on camera.

I wasn't blaming you, the thought just crossed my mind when I saw his name.

I really don't care about the Craigslist post being deleted, it just seemed to me that this is a similar situation, something was posted publicly in both cases. The difference is that people wanted to give the craigslist guy the benefit of the doubt (though he was never named) but are condemning the Mesa guy, who has been named. If he's guilty then so be it, but the situations seem much alike.

He claimed he took the iPod because he said it would just be confiscated by airport employees, according to the report.

What an idiot!!!!!!!!

I am simply suggesting that there might be more to this story than the evening news would provide. Who really knows? It's possible he had good intentions of returning said Ipod on the other side of security. It's possible the video isn't as conclusive a we are led to believe.

Similar to the Craig's list guy, I think that the benefit of the doubt is certainly earned by this guy by simply being a member of our profession. If he made a mistake, so be it. If he's a scumbag, well, that's why the ATP requires good moral character.

Where do you think they come up with the joke about how copper wire is formed? Two pilots fighting over a penny.

How can you keep an airline pilot busy for hours? Throw two pennies under his chair and tell him there were three. :laugh:

The had to remove the "moral character" caveat due to Mesa (and others') hiring problems.

That guy sounds like a tool. But I have to say that the article was very poorly written. How many times does it say "the report said." My favorite part was when the article stated, "some airports have cameras."

Latest resources

Back