• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Captain Sticky Fingers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought that was a Delta pilot who killed his wife, froze her, and put her through a wood chipper into a lake, Fargo style. He got caught because when he returned the rented wood chipper, they found bone fragments inside. Lesson learned: buy the wood chipper, don't rent.

Him too ?

God, it's been a nuthouse up in the majors................I guess anybody can slip through the hiring process there as easy as the regionals.

I'm referring to that banana up in Chicago (DC-10 F/E at the time), who was caught in the garage before he could finish the job. My guess is he saw what his fellow majorees were in the process of allowing and cracked.

WHOOOOAAA THERE!!!!!

I wasn't there, I've not seen the tapes. However, I'll be D@MNED if I take anything that the TSA says at straight face value. These arrogant oxygen thieves would do anything to get their name in the paper. It wouldn't suprise me at all if this turned out to be a misguided delusion of grandeur on the part of a former check-out clerk at wal-mart. Combine that with a well-known desire for sensationalism by the press, and I see the ingredients for serious slander.

I don't know this guy at all, but I think perhaps we should not rush to judge. He is, MESA and all, one of us.

(Now, if the dumb sumb!tch did do this, he deserves to have his ATP revoked.)

Originally Posted by Snapshot
Wow.

I'm pretty sure that stealing from passengers while in uniform violates the "Be of good moral character." requirement.

I don't have a current FARs but I heard that they removed this requirement.

Still there - 61.153c

WHOOOOAAA THERE!!!!!

I wasn't there, I've not seen the tapes.
I don't know this guy at all, but I think perhaps we should not rush to judge. He is, MESA and all, one of us.

Police said Christopher Newton, 34, was spotted on camera on Thursday taking a iPod out of someone else's container while going through a security checkpoint.

We're all pilots here, and most of us have even worked in other types of jobs before becoming pilots. Unfortunately, from what I've seen, pilots are some of the cheapest people around. Not all, but many are. Where do you think they come up with the joke about how copper wire is formed? Two pilots fighting over a penny.
It doesn't surprise me that a pilot stole the ipod.

Last edited:
(Now, if the dumb sumb!tch did do this, he deserves to have his ATP revoked.)

What does an ATP have to do with stealing (BESIDES the moral character?)

Shouldn't he be punished in the exact same way that another passenger would be punished if they stole the iPod?

They are right when they say that we eat our young, or whatever it is that they say like that.

He has proven himself to be far too stupid to be allowed to continue in this profession.

I'd say it's more a case of "Culling the Herd" than "eating our young".

Would you want your family in the back of the plane with their lives depending on his decisions?

Police said Christopher Newton, 34, was spotted on camera on Thursday taking a iPod out of someone else's container while going through a security checkpoint.

It doesn't surprise me that a pilot stole the ipod.

So just out of curiosity, will this thread be deleted like the ASA craigslist one? That thar looks like personal info to me.

From the rules of flight info.... here ya go.

NO personal information about others or members of the forums, except by Websitemaster/Moderator exception, may be posted......

I will not stand by and watch you guys destroy someone because they made a fullish mistake. Not to mention the liability that allowing such behavior imposes on us.

Last edited:
... and in a realted news story, a teenager at Jacksonville airport reported his hair gel and backpack missing.

Latest resources

Back