Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Captain Mike Best has resigned as President of the NPA. WHAT!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The "job or no job" approach is why we haven't gotten anywhere in negotiations with the company

No, we haven't gotten anywhere is because "people" haven't done their job which is to figure out what the pilot group wants. Hopefully new resources will help that. You missed my point and lost everything in translation as usual. The choice is yours wether you want to work with the people or not. I would never cross a picket line and don't you assume I would Rich. Watch it!!!!!!! with making something personal.

The "job or no job" approach is why we haven't gotten anywhere in negotiations with the company
No, we haven't gotten anywhere is because "people" haven't done their job which is to figure out what the pilot group wants. Hopefully new resources will help that.
Incorrect.

"People" absolutely *HAVE* done their job (I'm assuming you're talking about union leadership) through the Wilson Polling. They know EXACTLY what the MAJORITY of the pilot group wants, which demographics lean the hardest in which direction, where the greatest frustration lies, and how many pilots ARE willing to walk the line, and how many would likely cross.

What the union leadership has NOT done is ACT on the information, presenting a clear and concise plan of action, releasing enough of the polling data to support WHY they are moving in that direction, along with the Financial data from the company that shows WHY the union leadership believes their approach to be reasonable in the long-term, and rally the pilot group behind that plan of action.

You missed my point and lost everything in translation as usual.
I'm just responding to what you wrote; the danger of a message board is that, unless you are VERY specific, anything can be "lost in translation". I'll recap again, to explain why I interpreted it the way I did.

Maybe I live in a dream world but the day of "scab" is gone. Its job or no job.
How that came across, at least to me, was that "the day of the "scab" is gone", meaning you don't care if people scab or not. Then you said, "It's job or no job" meaning you either cross the picket line and have a job or you go on strike and you don't.

Incidentally, when I say "you", I don't mean YOU specifically, I mean "people" in a general sense. I didn't go on the attack, you'd know it if I did. Read the other thread going on where I (and just about everyone else) thrashed Scarlet around a bit for his views.

The choice is yours wether you want to work with the people or not.
See, this is what I'm talking about. I don't know who you mean with this sentence. Are you talking about working with the scabs we have at AirTran? I think ALPA is working with them VERY well, including giving them VERY generous terms to repay their debts that has NEVER been offered before in ALPA history.

If you're talking about working with FUTURE scabs, then no, there's no "working with them" or not. They deserve to be ostracized for ACTIVELY undermining their fellow employees.

If you're talking about working with the company? That ship has sailed. Management has NO interest in working with us for FAIR contract gains. Those who can't see that need to either come out from under the rock they've been hiding under or need serious counseling for the "battered wife syndrome" they evidently live with.

I would never cross a picket line and don't you assume I would Rich. Watch it!!!!!!! with making something personal.
Again, I wasn't trying to make it personal, the whole middle part of that post was rhetorical, as in how I feel about people who WOULD cross, and that's why the last line of that post says, "What you have to figure out is, what kind of person are you?" I'm very glad to know you wouldn't.

Most of this is MUCH better discussed over a frosty beverage, so much of feeling and body language is simply lost on a message board, so sorry if I offended, wasn't intended to offend anyone except the Scabs... :)

Congratulations on recall, hope to see you back online someday myself. :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back