Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Captain Mike Best has resigned as President of the NPA. WHAT!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what's the deal with a certain Capt over on the NPA board? The guy started off making some reasonable posts regarding ALPA, but lately, as ALPA appears certain to win, he's just about gone off the deep-end attacking anyone and anything remotely connected to ALPA. :confused:

take alook at the mailout we got in the mail the other day. With a few exceptions, the airlines that alpa represents suck. Sorry to be brutally honest, but thats just my opinion.

RV

Sorry to say you guys won't be the exception!:laugh:

So what's the deal with a certain Capt over on the NPA board? The guy started off making some reasonable posts regarding ALPA, but lately, as ALPA appears certain to win, he's just about gone off the deep-end attacking anyone and anything remotely connected to ALPA. :confused:
You mean the guy who is so concerned about an alleged "list" and this his name is "allegedly" on it and that it's "allegedly illegal" to even POSSESS such a list, and on and on and on...

That guy?

I think he's concerned over his community service requirement if it goes through. Personally, I think it's one hell of a deal, all things considered, but I digress...

There's no lawsuit unless you are actively distributing said list in a way intended to defame, libel, or slander someone on it, or in a way to discriminate against them in any way, form, or fashion.

This does, however, preclude most people from distributing the list because,,, well,,, what else are you going to do with it in most circumstances? YOU may not be intending to do anything but see who's on it, but the next guy might be intending to use it in reciprocity for past grievances.

In this case, people "live in the past" because the only deterrent to being a Scab is the fallout from what happens if you DO cross an established picket line to fly "struck work".

Their thought is, if you make it painful enough for them, and the whole world sees what happens to them professionally and personally, people would be much less likely to Scab the next time.

This isn't to say I agree or disagree with the list, but if we ever had a strike at AirTran, even a CHAOS action, once legal and released by the courts, I'd be pretty hateful of pilots who crossed while we were trying to improve our situation in life. You can bet I'd remember who they were. Forever.

That's what the people who formed those lists were doing. To them, I imagine it's very personal. Wouldn't it be to you if YOU were the one getting shat on by your fellow pilots while you tried to make everyone's life better?

It's not the past I'm worried about; it's our future, and Scabs would be our worst enemy during a legal job action.

Yes, I agree with what you have said. I however, disagree, with the "list" of "people" that do not effect my job or the future of my job. Maybe I live in a dream world but the day of "scab" is gone. Its job or no job.

Ditto.

The "job or no job" approach is why we haven't gotten anywhere in negotiations with the company. They don't believe the pilots have the cajones to STFD. NOTHING else is going to work with this management group except the REAL risk of shutting down their cash flow via legal job action. Period. The end.

If you would cross a picket line, then you are my enemy, and the enemy of your coworkers who wish to improve their lot in life. Knowing who, among us, is going to cross that line is an invaluable tool.

I've had it up to here with people who justify their ethically- or morally-poor choices just to protect their "job". Absolute spineless, worthless, leeches on society. Jobs come and go, and there's always a way to feed and shelter your family, even if it's outside of aviation.

Honor is forever.

What you have to ask yourself is, "What kind of person are you?"

Last edited:
Problem with airtran and voting in ALPA is there are alot of dirty stinkin scabs there. Some of them read this board also. That is the reason that they guys are having such an internal struggle. I really hope that you scabs at airtran just quit, get hit by a car, contract aids or any of the above. I have worked with your type and dont like it much.

Latest resources

Back