Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Captain Mike Best has resigned as President of the NPA. WHAT!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Problem with airtran and voting in ALPA is there are alot of dirty stinkin scabs there. Some of them read this board also. That is the reason that they guys are having such an internal struggle. I really hope that you scabs at airtran just quit, get hit by a car, contract aids or any of the above. I have worked with your type and dont like it much.
If I'm not mistaken, I believe you work for Continental. I believe Continental walked down the same path at some time in their history. Since your pilot numbers are three times the size of AirTran, you probable have a list of old CAL pilots who crossed the picket line back in the day. He who has not sinned, let them cast the first stone! Before you go throwing that SCAB label around, you better look at your own house first.

The majority of us pilots here at AirTran have never crossed a picket line. Yes there are a few of those guys still here, but not many. Just like there are some still at Continental and United.

If ALPA wants the money, they forgive the scabs. That simple. They've done it before, they'll do it again. They've lost USAir and Polar/Atlas....they need to recruit more membership. More membership means National is more secure....not the membership itself.

stlflyguy

I think alpa has come a long way to bring these individuals (17 is the number I have heard) back in the fold. They do community service (in the union)and they no longer have to pay fines and penalties. Loans still need to be repaid. Thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars forgiven. How much more does the pilot group need to bend over backwards for these guys whose attitude toward their fellow worker is not stellar. Take the peace offering and be a part of the new union or pay the money.

If ALPA wants the money, they forgive the scabs. That simple. They've done it before, they'll do it again. They've lost USAir and Polar/Atlas....they need to recruit more membership. More membership means National is more secure....not the membership itself.

stlflyguy

Wrong! But don't let your anger at ALPA National or ALPA in general because your TWA MEC waived scope get in the way.... (I know, I know, ALPA national lawyers told your MEC to do it.... but you didn't elect the lawyers to be responsible... did you?)

If an in house union accepts scabs and allows them to be members in good standing, then when a union like ALPA decides to merger with the NPA then they are required by law to accept all members in good standing..

The worst part about this is that the gutter scabs get welcomed in with open arms, no fines, nothing to "work off", nothing. They were never ALPA members and ALPA can't touch them.

Latest resources

Back