Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Captain Mike Best has resigned as President of the NPA. WHAT!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
take alook at the mailout we got in the mail the other day. With a few exceptions, the airlines that alpa represents suck. Sorry to be brutally honest, but thats just my opinion.

RV

Yeah, it sure would suck to have those Delta payrates. I wouldn't know what to do if I could actually afford to pay my mortgage. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it sure would suck to have those Delta payrates. I wouldn't know what to do if I could actually afford to pay my mortgage. :rolleyes:

Didn't you hear? Obama is going to take care of your mortgage...

twepilot said:
take alook at the mailout we got in the mail the other day. With a few exceptions, the airlines that alpa represents suck. Sorry to be brutally honest, but thats just my opinion.

RV
And we all know that air tran is such cream of the crop.:laugh:

Didn't you hear? Obama is going to take care of your mortgage...
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

maybe you should live within your means and make responsible decisions that don't over extend yourself...OR you could rely on others to take care of your ass.

RV

We will continue our negotiations with ALPA assistance. It should be very clear to everyone involved in the process that the AT pilots are not even going to consider relaxing scope. (well there are a few of the older idiots who still don't get this one...)
Those scope relaxations at other ALPA carriers were agreed to by their pilots. ALPA did not force it upon them. They may have failed to advise of how bad the consequences would be but they did not force it on them.
Most of us are smart enough to see that the last thing we want is any scope relaxation.

Alaska is ALPA and it sounds like they have agreed to pay and work rules improvements. Hopefully we can build on this.

1. MaxBlast - Of course Delta would like to see AirTran get a much improved contract; and so would the Airtran pilots, with retro pay. This will help Delta and all Major airline pilot groups achieve a better contract. That's called, "Pattern Bargaining". Will costs go up because of it? Yes, but...they can be offset by management doing 3 things:
Some guys on here think that us Airtran pilots will get no resources or help from ALPA in obtaining a new fair (pilot cost increasing) contract from management (we all know Airtran will do well in 2009 - just listen to what Fornaro told Wall Street this morning). I think that reasoning is bogus as I had said before. The Airtran pilot group is not the only pilot group that will benefit from a better contract for Airtran pilots. That is how ALPA can represent both Airtran and Delta.

I just don't understand the logic that ALPA is going to help shut Airtran down so Delta will do better. What is secret information is ALPA going to provide to Delta to ensure the demise of Airtran?

Can we get our ALPA lanyards in orange? It would be a good match to our call sign.

Latest resources

Back