Canadian TSA goes too far

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Prince,
Can you find which one address's flight crews going to the front on the security line? THAT is the one I want to be able to quote directly to the a$$wipe pax who tell me I need to go to the back of the line OR, get to the airport earlier! I emailed TSA directly with that question and the response was I needed to ask the airlines!!!

Prince,
Can you find which one address's flight crews going to the front on the security line? THAT is the one I want to be able to quote directly to the a$$wipe pax who tell me I need to go to the back of the line OR, get to the airport earlier! I emailed TSA directly with that question and the response was I needed to ask the airlines!!!
That's correct. The TSA has no responsibility to expedite your passage through the screening process. It's up to your airline to accomplish that. In some places I intentionally wait in the entire line, in protest of the current policy.

I know this is about Canadian TSA but here in Tampa if I'm not mistaken, flight crews are exempt from screening and searches. Crews as well as PAX can carry liquids and foods aboard the airplane only if the liquids or foods are purchased on the airside from which they are boarding. Used to the crews had to go though screening. Now they can be bypassed....At least that's is what I saw. I work for TSA and I understand the non-sense most people go through.....alot if it is bull. Oh and if you're having problems, Always seek the Supervisor.

Oh, I bring my 'wine' along for the overnights, too!

Listen, from your profile, you obviously don't 'live the life' and deal with this daily encroachment on our QOL.

Get in some TSA Time and come back and report your 'wines' too, junior!

your poor life

if you hate it so much quit. QOL sucks for everyone working they way up the ranks, in every field. ever been a new recruit in the military? do you know the hours doctors and lawyers put in when they start out.

you sound like the rest of them who where stuck to mommy to long. it is always someone elses fault and i am so great i should just start at the top.

i know i am generalizing a bit, but it drives me nuts reading about how i dont have this i dont get that. maybe if you weren't handed everything in life you would realize this is how you earn what you deserve.

your poor life

if you hate it so much quit. QOL sucks for everyone working they way up the ranks, in every field. ever been a new recruit in the military? do you know the hours doctors and lawyers put in when they start out.

you sound like the rest of them who where stuck to mommy to long. it is always someone elses fault and i am so great i should just start at the top.

i know i am generalizing a bit, but it drives me nuts reading about how i dont have this i dont get that. maybe if you weren't handed everything in life you would realize this is how you earn what you deserve.

Unfortunately, no matter how hard someone has worked for this job, or how far they have advanced, or how much respect they have earned from their peers, they still have to go through the same TSA line as everyone else.

Unfortunately, no matter how hard someone has worked for this job, or how far they have advanced, or how much respect they have earned from their peers, they still have to go through the same TSA line as everyone else.

as they should

as they should

No, they shouldn't. It's all a big dog and pony show. There is NO reason pilots should have to put up with that crap. Heck, depending on which airport we fly out of, we don't. There is no policy that says Aircrews need to be screened, It is all local regulations that dictate it.

Latest resources

Back