Canadian TSA goes too far

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

inthegoo

In YVR yesterday, my FO has a large coffee in hand as she goes thru security, and they say she cannot have it unless she puts it in her bag, I ask why and they say:

(Brace yourselves),

"if the passengers see you with a liquid they get mad and ask why they cannot have liquids?"

So I guess now the passengers and us are equals?

Next week I am gonna have a huge coffee in my hand and when they say that I am gonna say, "Tell those passengers to go F-CK themselves!"

-Goo

Same thing happened to me in MCO while going through security. I told them that their policies are f#$% up and the TSA dork replied that it is "plausible deniabilty" on their part. Huh?

Another TSA dork then replied that Disney had complained about aircrews taking beverages and pax cannot. So it has been verified Micky Mouse runs the TSA and sets policy.

TSA/MCO is stupid. Their policies ARE NOT CONSISTENT with those of even TSA/DCA, arguably the most security-sensitive airport in the country.

The MCO gestapo made me put 2 cups of coffee and a smoothie (that's what I get for buying for the whole crew) into a bin and have it x-rayed...and then acted like they were doing me a favor because of it.

As far as Canada goes...tell your FO to buy her Timmy Horton's inside security.

I was going through security in MCO and they let a lady go through with an electric cattle prod. But coffee is a lot more dangerous.

I would have specifically asked if it is against national TSA policy for a crew member to carry the liquid, regardless of what idiot pax thing.

And the answer is no, it's not against TSA policy. Then bring a supervisor into it. This sh1t needs to stop somewhere.

I guess it doesn't need to be said that everyone on this thread wrote their Congressman urging them to lean on the TSA to get CrewPass implemented.

Latest resources

Back