• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Canadian TSA goes too far

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You go GOO....i am in canada tonite...cant wait to see what happens tomorrow morning.

BTW sorry about drunk calling you!

there's a simple solution to this.

FFDO

I am not sure if it was posted but the CLE thing is in response to crews, mainly FA's who color copied their ID badges, and did not have the original copy present.

I am not sure if it was posted but the CLE thing is in response to crews, mainly FA's who color copied their ID badges, and did not have the original copy present.

Further proves people are idiots.

Helps with deplaning too

I was going through security in MCO and they let a lady go through with an electric cattle prod.

That was probably a Flight Attendant carrying one of the new "Passenger Compliance Facilitation Wands". Since those became standard issue, the number of seat-back and tray-table infractions has dropped sharply. :p

The plastic case thing is national. There is a new directive to a) check the back [I guess bad guys don't do backs] and b) shine the magic flashlight on it so the hologram can be seen.

i heard it was an expressjet guy...but of course im sure all the expressjet people say it was a commute air guy or sha-takwa

CLE also has their own policy that you cannot have your ID in any plastic at all. It must be outside of any holder on your lanyard. They claim it's a "nationwide" policy but nowhere else does it. Just another example of TSA abusing their power.

It is a national policy, just thankfuly not everyplace enforces it The purpose of this is because they are supposed to inspect the ID with a UV light to check the hologram. If they are going to enforce you taking the ID out, make them use the flashlight! Likewise, when they do thier aircraft inspections, make them take thier ID out too!

Last edited:
In YVR yesterday, my FO has a large coffee in hand as she goes thru security, and they say she cannot have it unless she puts it in her bag, I ask why and they say:

(Brace yourselves),

"if the passengers see you with a liquid they get mad and ask why they cannot have liquids?"

So I guess now the passengers and us are equals?

Next week I am gonna have a huge coffee in my hand and when they say that I am gonna say, "Tell those passengers to go F-CK themselves!"

-Goo

Day jus wants ya to buy from Tim Horton's in duh airport....... Kanadian Bouyyyyyyyy A

CLE also has their own policy that you cannot have your ID in any plastic at all. It must be outside of any holder on your lanyard. They claim it's a "nationwide" policy but nowhere else does it. Just another example of TSA abusing their power.
It's not nation wide but it is spreading. It started in IAH when an XJT pilot was scared he'd lose his badge so he had a scanned copy of it in his lanyard. He made it through a few times before TSA finally caught on. I asked the TSA guy one morning while going through and that's what I was told.

Latest resources

Back