Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

can you refuse to "speak" with a controller???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agree, I think Kuala Lumpur must have the worst controllers out there. Often it sounds like they get offended if you ask them to "say again" something so when they repeat it they'll say it twice as fast... :eek: ..and while you are asking them to repeat something they'll switch your landing runway back and forth too - beautiful place, very sucky controllers...
You think a certain 747 accident a while back would have curbed their attitude a little...

I've always found that, when a controller gets especially aggressive (northeast more than anywhere else), simply asking for their initials will often get them to do a self-correcting-attitude-check (never had them refuse, either).

I've only had to call an ATC facility about a controller ONCE, and it was in Martha's Vineyard about 7 years ago after 3 go-arounds in a Lear due to controller ineptitude (kept putting people in front of us too close-in to the runway). Finally had to declare min fuel and, even then, they tried to put someone in front of us for takeoff as we were on a 1 mile final. Told them myself to hold short, do not take the runway and, luckily for us, they listened.

The controller was sent for retraining, supervisor was in the tower 5 minutes after we landed (New York Approach was monitoring and called the tower manager before we were on the ground).

Most of the time, the controllers are cool, they are just saturated and then get frustrated. Happens to all of us.

Tell him you were on a landline, or that you had a shift change.

Or tell him to standby and then not call him for five minutes or better yet, forget him.

Or just check in 5-10 times.

Or you could be like JB bubbas and just not answer.

;)

There was a Gulfstream with an American crew that bagged it into a mountainside some years ago because the controller spoke very poor English. Does anyone remember where that was? I remember a video from training about that.

I think you need to clean the sand out of your vagina!!!:laugh:

Let him have an attitude. Why does that really bother people so much?? Let him be the one to have a heart attack at an early age. Its not like you have to deal with the guy for a long period of time. Sit back and relax, let the poor man/woman vent and sound like an idiot.:beer:

I think you need to clean the sand out of your vagina!!!:laugh:

Let him have an attitude. Why does that really bother people so much?? Let him be the one to have a heart attack at an early age. Its not like you have to deal with the guy for a long period of time. Sit back and relax, let the poor man/woman vent and sound like an idiot.:beer:

I'd say the same thing if I was stickin' it to an ass like that!

If you happen to check on a freq and the controller gives you attitude (for whatever reason), can you state that you refuse to "speak with him/her and would like to have a back-up controller"?? or superviser work you until your off the freq/out of their airspace?
Only if he steals your lunch money.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back