Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

can you refuse to "speak" with a controller???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
well if you really want to tick him.her off you can ask for 'words twice' which, I gather, requires the to repeat every word twice (from the bad ol'days when radios were scratchy)

If you don't want to talk, remember there are two of you in the cockpit.......unless you two aren't talking.

Brother, I hope you are kidding. We have by far the best controllers. If you got attitude, why not try to be extra nice to the controller,everyone is entitled to have a bad day. next time take a deep breath. :)

geez, never stated it was something I'd do or was thinking of doing - just asking/throwing it out there.

After 11 years paying the bills in this bizz its not like i havn't faced a grumpy controller or other employee by this stage.

what brought up the question was earlier in the day I was doing the pilot talk thing with a old friend from my first airline about how one of our pilots was banned from a govt facility for argueing/attitude twards a tower controller at a nasa controlled airfield. after the company protested to the faa (our poi) it was sorta resolved that because the NASA "owned" field recieved govt funds to opoerate it was public so they couldn't "ban" him however the controlers being pvt nasa employees had the right to refuse service.

Last edited:
Damn.... All the good stuff's been said! ;)

...I say find his/her mom and eff her. Best way to get back at someone. Now where on TV did I see this??

If you happen to check on a freq and the controller gives you attitude (for whatever reason), can you state that you refuse to "speak with him/her and would like to have a back-up controller"?? or superviser work you until your off the freq/out of their airspace?

Did he call you Cactus by accident? lol

Had a controller in Midway screw up big time and if it wasn't for the two of us taking action quickly, we would have embedded ourselves in a NWA A320 on takeoff. After take off and doing the checklist, we ask the tower controller for his first name and a phone number we could get a hold of him and his supervisor. Two hours later we get on the ground and I call the supervisor and before anything was said, he told me he had taken that controller off work status and scheduled him for retraining already. Made a report about it and moved on. No screaming, yelling, attitude or anything. Kept it professional and it all worked out. Everybody has a bad day..... so take that midol, act professional and move on....

Net

I am pretty sure that a couple of pax on that 320 must have left a nice stain on their seats.

ok fine it was a gay question - now flame on

move along - there is nothing to see here

Last edited:
Hey guys they cut us breaks all the time. We should do the same. Hopefully it will someday become taboo to rat each other out....

Brother, I hope you are kidding. We have by far the best controllers... :)
Agree, I think Kuala Lumpur must have the worst controllers out there. Often it sounds like they get offended if you ask them to "say again" something so when they repeat it they'll say it twice as fast... :eek: ..and while you are asking them to repeat something they'll switch your landing runway back and forth too - beautiful place, very sucky controllers...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back