Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can an AME accept documents from another doctor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK, I must get back to my job as a candy striper and learn some more big words in the hope to educate mr avbug. Till then.

This is common practice by any A&P, even a Mointain Dew will Do.

Really? That's amazing. Any mechanic will do this? Do most mechanics fly? No? Therefore if most mechanics are doing this, it's in the shop, as most mechanics don't fly. Most mechanics are putting urine or mountain dew in hydraulic resorvoirs?

To what end? How many mechanics who are urinating in hydraulic resorvoirs or pouring mountain dew in the same are retaining their jobs after being discovered? Not too many, I'll wager. That would mean that most mechanics are out of job...in fact, as you stated "any mechanic," this would mean that all mechanics are out of a job, or soon will be.

For the record, as a mechanic and inspector, I don't do this, in the shop or in the air...and unlike you, I have had my hydraulic resorvoir drained in flight due to a blown actuator. In fact, having worked in several shops, a repair station, and having been director of maintenance twice now for two different operations, I've never seen a mechanic at any time put urine in a hydraulic resorvoir, or fill one with mountain dew.

You are a mechanic, then? I didn't suspect so.

Therefore, to say "any mechanic," might be a bit of an overblown misstatement. Rather, any mechanic you know might do that...but that only throws into question any mechanics you might know. If in fact any mechanic you know would do such a thing, then any mechanic you know is also working on your aircraft, and you've been flying aircraft worked on by idiots who would do such a thing.

What we're really talking, therefore, is your own questionable judgement, which comes back full circle to the fact that in reality, you're a bloody idiot.

Did we miss anything?

hey.. at least we now know avgod's a brit

Actually, if that's me you're referring to, I'm not British. Thanks for playing, though. Next?

Last edited:
you are so badass avbuggy.

Hugh's right, at least he's consistent. I'll bet you've got lots of friends.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!

Apparently you can't comprehend English you "bloody" retard. Putting urine or any other non-compressable fluid in a leaky hydaulic line during an emergency when nothing else is available IS common practice. Try reading it again, I doubt that would be any help though. Not once did I say mechanics do this on the ground, it is only a "last resort item".

I see you still are avoiding the question, so what would you do smart guy?

We all are waiting with baited breath so you can dig a deeper hole.

What a TOOL!

My, my, my, my, my. I was eating and had an appetite until you mentioned your breath, baited or otherwise. Now I'm eating antacid. Eeegads.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. I don't need to worry about the theory here sport. I can tell you what I've done in such a situation, as I already have on the other web board where you're carrying on this same little show (you're like the itchy and scratchy show, except that you're both itchy, and scratchy...and apparently bait your own breath...where I'm from, we bait hooks, but to each his own). More to the point, however small it may be, we have proceedures to follow that are clearly spelled out by the aircraft manufacturer.

Which proceedure is it exactly that Cessna provides that spells out the use of urine for landing gear extentions?

Hurry, before Transpac comes back and injects something on-topic, or intelligent into this conversation.

You just got back from flying your little turbo 180 rg around the mountain west. Bouncing along in turbulence, you find you have a gear problem. Rather than waste your time with a checklist, you do what "any mechanic" would do...unzip, fill up your handy, dandy one litre bottle (still a bit dubious on that one, by the way), bend down and peer around the center pedestle to remove the cheesy plastic door that covers the hydraulic resorvoir filler/dipstick, manage to get the thing off, and then pour that H-5606-U (for Urine) deftly into the little tiny opening in the resorvoir (dang, you're gooood), pop the cap back on, and then cooly drop the gear as though it's another day at the office, all without missing a foot of altitude, a degree of heading, or a call on the radio.

All from memory, of course, because who has time to turn to that section of the expanded proceedures entitled, "Your Urine and You; Saving yourself $30,000 in a Pinch."

What page is that on again, exactly?

Bingo!

TD has been fun and cheap entertainment, but it's time to go do something meaningful for the day. This game has run it's course.

UnAnswerd said:
I have a color deficiency. I've always known it, but never gave it much thought untill learning that I'll be nailed with a night restriction on my medical certificate. That sucks....

My parents have these old medical books, and I decided to further research the disorder. The book showed a "card" with various dots of different colors. It then stated that the normal person could easily read numbers from the card. Much to my frustration, I couldn't discern any numbers!!!

Upon further research, I learned that there are 15 different vision tests the FAA will accept, and passing even one of them will lift the night restriction. I've also heard about the "light gun" test from the tower, but would rather not do this because of two reasons:

1. If you actually fail the light gun test, you CANNOT take any other test.

2. Even if you pass the test, the previous restriction still shows up on your medical. I heard something about this causing a problem with potential commercial flying.

So hopefully I can pass at least 1 of these 15 tests. However, I'd rather not get slapped with the restriction, then go for further testing, then mail the results to the FAA, and all that other BS. Would it be possible to consult a doctor BEFORE the medical exam??? Maybe get a written statement from this doctor that I have indeed passed such and such test? Would an AME accept this, and not nail me with the restriction?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same color deficiency you have. I did the tower light gun thing and had a SODA (statement of demonstrated ability). It is no big thing. I have been hired by 2 seperate 121 carriers and I showed them both my SODA even though you dont have too.

I believe the regs have changed in the past year or so and you can no longer use those 15 tests, it has to be a tower light gun demonstration, I THINK. The tower test is easy, you get 10 seconds to ID the color and wait 3 minutes between each one. I have a hard time with white and green on some older beacons but the newer ones are a more blue/green which makes it obvious.

Don't let idiots make you feel unsafe because you have a color deficiency, almost 40% of the male population does to some extent or another. You can blame it on your Mother's Father, he gave the deficiency to her and you had a 50% chance of getting it. I got it, my 2 brothers didn't.

As far as employment dont sweat it, if anyone makes a fuss about you don't want to work for them. If/when you get your SODA all limitations are removed from your medical and you hold an unrestricted X class medical. Just be sure to have a first class medical when you take the test because the SODA will be predicated on whatever class medical you have.

Latest resources

Back