Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can an AME accept documents from another doctor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, ah, what is an axion, and what is a dendrite? Weren't they on opposing teams on star trek, or buck rogers? Dendrites...weren't those the little cute gerbil things that drove Captain Kirk nuts? Or were those tribbles?

You must have a really big head, being able to hold in all those big words, and all. Hopefully it didn't expand too much while you were off flying around the west. If it gets a leak (apparently has, with all these multisyllabalistic words leaking out), we all know what you'll use to fill it, with that one litre bottle of yours.

Don't do that. It's not sanitary. Not to mention...it's gross.

Incidentally, from a previous post you made in this thread...

Cary,

As usual, your head is up AVbugs as-s and you can't see or read what other posters have said. It is you that doesn't know jack about TAS vs IAS.

You made no such distinction until after I pointed it out. my IAS is 155 knots at 5oooft.

Gear extension speeds have everything to do with IAS not TAS hence the markings on the airspeed indicators. If it says 140 knots they are referring to 140 indicated, you better go back to ground school.

You DO realize that you're making a reply to an entirely different web site there, right? Cary is a poster on Ipilot.com, and you're responding on Flightinfo.com to him. You might want to consider keeping your comments on the correct web site. Just a hint. Folks won't think you're quite so addled as you appear.

Keep on going. It's a slow morning, and you're cheap entertainment.

I emphasize the word "cheap." It's only got one syllable.

Last edited:
Very cute there avbug, you should try out for stand up on Jay Leno, then again, the size of your head may be to distracting.:D

I am sure you are aware of the old saying, "the measure of a mans intelligence is his ability to understand what he doesn't know'. Kind of like what college shows you, how ignorant you really are. It's clear you never attended so it's not your fault, you are ignorant and don't realize it.

Don't worry avbug, I will point out your ignorant ways and hopefully one day you might learn something instead of spouting off about things you know nothing about. You just keep on spinning confabulated, sensationalist stories about your imaginary exploits while the rest of us grab a bag of pop corn reading the fiction you write, it is entertaining.

Thank you, td. You're a real friend to the undereducated and those who are lesser than you. A bloody idiot, but a real friend.

Would you be so kind as to define confabulated, and use it in a sentence?

Certainly, I would be happy to.

During interrogation, avbug was forced to confabulate do to his lack of knowlege pertaining to the subject which he professed to be an expert.

Confabulation-the fabrication of experiences or situations often recounted in a detailed and plausable wayto fill in and coverup gaps in memory. The phenomenon occurs primarily as a defense mechanism and is most commonly used by alcoholics, especially those who have Korsakoff's psychosis and persons with head injuries, amnesic disorders, dementia or lead poisoning.

Hits close to home does it not Avbug?.................LMAO!

Especially the lead poisoning!

Last edited:
Hits close to home doesn't Avbug.................LMAO!

Hits close to home doesn't it, Avbug.................LMAO!

Confabulation-the fabrication of experiences or situations often recounted in a detailed and plausable wayto fill in and coverup gaps in memory. The phenomenon occurs primarily as a defense mechanism and is most commonly used by alcoholics, especially those who have Korsakoff's psychosis and persons with head injuries, amnesic disorders, dementia or lead poisoning.

There ya go, using all those five dollar words again. You must be really smart. Or rich, what with such flowery, expensive words.

Yet such stipidity springs forth from that same well. How can this be, and more to the point, how do it know?

Funny how people resort to minor typos to perpetuate their delusions of grandeur.

Come on avbug, you can do better than that, picking apart typos as an educational basis for a debate is not only demeaning but embarrasing, even for you.

You still haven't answered my question regarding what you would do in a situation where you were losing hydraulic fluid at a slow rate with no fluid available in the plane. Would you land gear up and pay the 30k or piss in a bottle to give you enough hydraulic pressure to get the gear down?

Inquiring minds want to know.

UnAnswerd said:
I have a color deficiency. I've always known it, but never gave it much thought untill learning that I'll be nailed with a night restriction on my medical certificate. That sucks....

My parents have these old medical books, and I decided to further research the disorder. The book showed a "card" with various dots of different colors. It then stated that the normal person could easily read numbers from the card. Much to my frustration, I couldn't discern any numbers!!!

Upon further research, I learned that there are 15 different vision tests the FAA will accept, and passing even one of them will lift the night restriction. I've also heard about the "light gun" test from the tower, but would rather not do this because of two reasons:

1. If you actually fail the light gun test, you CANNOT take any other test.

2. Even if you pass the test, the previous restriction still shows up on your medical. I heard something about this causing a problem with potential commercial flying.

So hopefully I can pass at least 1 of these 15 tests. However, I'd rather not get slapped with the restriction, then go for further testing, then mail the results to the FAA, and all that other BS. Would it be possible to consult a doctor BEFORE the medical exam??? Maybe get a written statement from this doctor that I have indeed passed such and such test? Would an AME accept this, and not nail me with the restriction?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

If you can recognize red, white, and green you should try taking a Farnsworth Lantern color vision test. If you pass it you can get a Letter of Competence from FAA CAMI at OKC. That letter lets you skip color vision tests during furure FAA flight physicals. Check out the color vision section at the Virtual Flight Surgeons website for more info. http://www.aviationmedicine.com/colorvision.htm#loc

I'd immediately drop the gear so I didn't have to worry about the "slow leak," or pull the pump circuit breaker to prevent further fluid loss, so I didn't have to act like a bloody idiot and decide between trying to fill a litre bottle with urine or a gear up landing.

From there, I would open the appropriate checklist, and follow the proceedures prescribed by the aircraft manufacturer, given my aircraft type and specific situation.

You've come across a lot of checklists that include the use of urine, have you?

Landing Gear Handle.......................DOWN
Landing Gear Pump Circuit Breaker.....PULL
Emergency Gear Release..................PULL UP
Urine............................................PRODUCE
One Litre Bottle..............................FILL
Filling Mechanism............................SHAKE AND STOW
Hydraulic Resorvoir.........................REPLENISH AS NECESSARY WITH URINE
Landing Gear Emergency Lever..........PUMP (up to 60 strokes, as necessary)
Refer to Abnormal Proceedures Gear Unlocked Landing Checklist

If you can recognize red, white, and green you should try taking a Farnsworth Lantern color vision test. If you pass it you can get a Letter of Competence from FAA CAMI at OKC. That letter lets you skip color vision tests during furure FAA flight physicals. Check out the color vision section at the Virtual Flight Surgeons website for more info. http://www.aviationmedicine.com/colorvision.htm#loc

Oh, sure. Trust someone to post something accurate, factual and on-topic. Kill joy.

Still waiting

HA!

Remeber McFly, you can't get the gear down, remember? No fluid, remember?

This is common practice by any A&P, even a Mointain Dew will Do. It doesn't have to be urine, the main thing is getting fluid in the lines long enough to get the gear down. I know it's a simple concept but trying to get that across to a primate is trying at best.

Yes, pulling the CB while you fill it would be obvious, but you still need to turn it back on to get the gear down.

Keep trying, you might be getting close!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back