Calls for the SWA 2/17 class?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
are you current?

It's great to hear that many of you are finally getting class dates at SWA...I've been in the pool since last March...I have a question.

Have all of you,that got the call been able to stay current in 121 ops.?????? As of today I am furloughed from two airlines (MEA/SPA) and have no idea where to go to stay current....if you can't stay current has this been an issue at SWA??????

Currency and SWA

This question was asked about 7 months ago. I posted that I talked to LL at SWA, and she said for those in the hired pool, there IS NOT a currency requirment.

For those who are hoping to be interviewed someday, then they should do thier best to stay current.

Currency......

Now let me see if I can remember.....You pull back on the yoke until the houses get smaller, and then push forward on that thing until the houses get bigger, right? Man, it's been a while.

Oh boy, sim training is going to be interesting! The SWA training dept boys should be in for a few good laughs when I strap in.

Back to dreaming about flying....:rolleyes:

I was out of the Cockpit for 2.5 years as an ALO/FAC. When I went to F-15E FTU, I only go a couple sims, 3 Flights and a Checkride. My Hair was on Fire.

Maybe I'll buy some C-152 time, that should be like flying a 737 for Currency and Proficientcy purposes.

Yoke? What's a yoke?

Righty,

Thanks for the wavs. Very funny.

I got the call from the CP at Midway this morning. It's a beautiful day!

Now I just hope I can remember what all those round dial thingies and that steering wheelie thingamabob do....

Cheers!
HP

Hey Hpaul3, are you an original Midway guy or a USAir furloughee? I'm a furloughee from U and think I might be getting a call from Midway sometime in the next month or 2.

Thanks guys for the input,,,maybe we can all laugh about this some day at recurrent at SWA

Currency?

I have some currency in my wallet. It says "This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private."

I also have a 1 year old son, so I have been watching "Jay Jay the Jet Plane" to stay current. I hope that works!;)

Jay Jay and the FARs....

Hey Righty,

I agree with you about Jay Jay, although I've had to counsel my sons on the flagrant violations of the FARs I see throughout his daily operations, to wit:

Flying through a canyon, obviously a protected national environmental area, at low altitude...

Unauthorized formation flying with Big Jay, Savannah et al....

Low altitude aerobatics without a permit (namely, aileron rolls at 100 feet AGL) or a parachute...he!!, without even a Pilot....

I could go on. The point is, you have to nip this kind of cowboy ops in the bud. I don't want my sons thinking they can just go out there, kick the tires, light the fires, and do whatever kind of willy-nilly flying they think they can get away with. I'm seriously considering a legal challenge. After all, if McDonalds can get sued for Big Macs....

There's the dryer buzzer! Gotta go....permanent press.

Luv ya,
HP

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back