• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CALEX negotiations take turn for worse

Sam Fisher said:
•if the strike continues for 90 days or more, Continental is entitled to terminate the capacity purchase agreement for cause, cancel our subleases and take immediate possession of all of the aircraft covered by the capacity purchase agreement.[/i]

And the pilots come from..... where?

How much does a 50 seat E-145 Captain make on the current CAL cba?

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

mckpickle said:
That is the CPA. Thanks for posting it. Sorry I was wrong on the 90 day thing. But as you can see they have ACCESS to the training center(ie sims). They cannot take it but they can use it.

One he1l of a document though isn't it. Oh well if they don't wanna pay guess the bank will own the training center.

Actually, that is the Annual Report, not the CPA. The CPA is a confidential internal document that us line pilot weenies will never see.

In reality, the clauses stated in the Annual Report about the CPA aren't all that important because assuming the IPO never happened, CAL would still have the right, with or without the CPA, to give those airplanes to other airlines and have them flown by SCABS. Those clauses are there for legality and disclosure of potential risk and liability for the investors.

Sam

Ben Franklin said:
And the pilots come from..... where?

How much does a 50 seat E-145 Captain make on the current CAL cba?

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

It doesn't say it has to be flown by CAL pilots. CAL, Inc. can take the planes back and reallocate them to be flown by SCABS from another airline, such as Mesa or whoever is the lowest bidder. Either way, they'd be SCABS.

Sam

this is an "extreme" example of what can happen...hopefully it will not...

both sides do not want the "dooms day scenario" pilots or managment!!!!

The cpa was published and given to employees when it came out...

vmc-hound said:
The cpa was published and given to employees when it came out...

No it was not. The CPA is a confidential internal document that describes the marketing agreement between CAL, Inc. and XJT Airlines. Please stop posting incorrect information. What you are referring to is the IPO prospectus and subsequent SEC filings which are public documents which describe in some general nature what the CPA is and how it works but I can 100% assure you that it was NOT given to any employees.

So what is it exactly that you do for ExpressJet?

Sam

All that strike language is bluster because CAL realized the mistake they made when they allowed all their feed to be controlled by one carrier. You XJT guys have them bent over. Don't miss your opportunity - I'm ready to pay strike dues.

Propblast

Propblast said:
All that strike language is bluster because CAL realized the mistake they made when they allowed all their feed to be controlled by one carrier. You XJT guys have them bent over. Don't miss your opportunity - I'm ready to pay strike dues.

Propblast

That mistake is in the process of being corrected. CAL is building their portfolio.

BigShotXJTdrvr said:
That mistake is in the process of being corrected. CAL is building their portfolio.

Yeah, I know. They haven't added any other than SKYW have they? Are you CLE based?

If what Sam Fisher is a resonably accurate representation of what the CPA actually says, I think I'd be worried about the long-term affects of a possbile strike.

Consider that XJT does strike for 2 or more days.

If I understand it correctly the minute XJT goes on strike, the excusive rights to be CALs sole RJ feeder are gone. And when the strike passes its second day, CAL can begin removing A/C from XJT.

So the strike lasts 15 days. You get the Comair +30% you want (or whatever is acceptable to end the strike) and head back to work. As a couple of the clauses have been triggered, CAL then takes 40 airplanes and gives them Skywest (or anyone else) and takes over the training center for 180 days. The drop in 40 airplanes causes XJT to begin furloughs. CAL then begins to slowly transfer more and more flying to other carriers causing less and less flying for XJT.

In the short term you may get what you want, but the long-term effects may be negative.

Good luck though. I hope it does work out for you before the need to strike.

NEDude said:
If what Sam Fisher is a resonably accurate representation of what the CPA actually says, I think I'd be worried about the long-term affects of a possbile strike.

Consider that XJT does strike for 2 or more days.

If I understand it correctly the minute XJT goes on strike, the excusive rights to be CALs sole RJ feeder are gone. And when the strike passes its second day, CAL can begin removing A/C from XJT.

So the strike lasts 15 days. You get the Comair +30% you want (or whatever is acceptable to end the strike) and head back to work. As a couple of the clauses have been triggered, CAL then takes 40 airplanes and gives them Skywest (or anyone else) and takes over the training center for 180 days. The drop in 40 airplanes causes XJT to begin furloughs. CAL then begins to slowly transfer more and more flying to other carriers causing less and less flying for XJT.

In the short term you may get what you want, but the long-term effects may be negative.

Good luck though. I hope it does work out for you before the need to strike.

NEDude,

I didn't make that stuff up. I copied and pasted it directly from the XJT 2004 Annual Report. It is quite accurate and real. However, it is also no different than what would happen if any airline goes on strike. Once a pilot group is released by the NMB to self help, that airline's management can "lock out" the pilots and do whatever it wants with their airplanes. As I said above, this "scare tactic" noted in the annual report isn't anything earth shattering. Had we never been IPO'd, the same end result could occur if we exercised self help. Heck, if Delta went on strike, they could replace their pilots with strike breakers (SCABS). Again, our situation is no different than anyone else's. It is a risk every pilot group must take to achieve the end result they desire and deserve.

Sam

Latest resources

Back