• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CALEX negotiations take turn for worse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the XJT guys have a good shot at getting Comair+X%. You've got a good amount of leverage since you account for 99% of CAL's feed. XJT is doing ok and CAL is weathering the storm decently, so there's no reason that XJT can't raise the bar.

ASA, on the otherhand, doesn't have half the leverage. ASA's only presence is ATL and DFW. In ATL, ASA is slowly getting overlapped mitigating much of the strike threat. If you subtract out the routes that CMR has taken over and the routes that ASA shares with DAL mainline, you'll see that ASA doesn't have that tight of a hold on ATL. An ASA strike would cripple DFW, but in all reality that does't matter. DFW doesn't make money for DL and losing it wouldn't be that big of a blow to the system.

Factor that in with DL's declining financials and pressure from DALPA and you've got yourself one tough road ahead for ASA.

BigshotXJetdriver,

It's sad but that seems to be the general state of the industry these days. So many pilots are either out of work or hate their jobs and are actively looking for another career. It's about time somebody called BS and fought for a liveable wage that you can actually buy a home and live a decent life with. Who knows maybe you guys will have 50 seat captains making more than Mesa is going to pay their 737 guys. That would be real interesting.

Hey as a pilot at Comair, make us proud. We have been waiting a long time now for a group to push this forward. We did it earlier. Lets keep it going. I can guarantee you will have the Comair pilots support.

All of the above posts are exactly what I was referring to about the tough talk. You talk a good talk, now let's see you walk (of course only if that's what it takes to get a great contract). I hope you do accomplish the goal of considerably raising the bar, but we've all heard this before time and again.

We will do our best to raise the bar, you can be assured. Now if ASA can just drag their negotiations out long enough for us to finish, that should help their cause as well. My hat is off to you Comair guys for standing up to Delta and refusing concessions. Had you decided to whore yourselves out then you too could have gotten some shiny new jets last week. I'm just surprised that ASA got any at all. Not exactly proficient whipsaw strategy by Mother Delta, is it?

Why are we guaranteed to succeed where others have failed? First, whe are incredibly angry and unified. None of us expected to be FOs on an RJ for 5 years and we are so PO'd by management's games that many are ready to burn the house down. Still, that means nothing without the second reason, LEVERAGE. If we walk, CAL no longer serves Milwaukee, Charlotte, Louisville, Memphis, St. Louis, Palm Springs, Toronto, Montreal, and many smaller cities. XJT mgt. will not settle until told to by CAL. We are merely a shell corporation, and a strike by us would likely put CAL in Ch.11 in a matter of days. So when Gordo and Co. feel CAL's public image (best place to work, so our mgt. keeps telling us) is being tarnished too much by our soon to be unleashed PR blitz, only then will XJT come back to the table and pay the piper.

Dewey Oxberger said:
by our soon to be unleashed PR blitz,

Ok, I go to the company/union websites and stuff. Where do you get your information from? What PR blitz? ALPA hasn't done much, what makes you think that they are going to do anything at all?

OH, and I did read the article that went out in the IAH paper today. Is that a "blitz"? Maybe you can tell us who your inside source is so that we can all share in the information instead of 3 people knowing everything about our futures.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

I believe the preparations were begun at the MEC meeting this week. It takes time to get the bilboards changed in Terminal B. Mgt. stabbed us in the back last week and i believe there will be no more Mr. nice guy from us!

Latest resources

Back