• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CALEX negotiations take turn for worse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No..thats not the point Im trying to make.

Our contract is a significant improvement from before.. Some people get so stuck up in the only thing that matters is pay. We have a good quality of life contract.. and we had a decent, no, maybe mildly significant raise.

Please do not compare us with Mesa.. realize that we had significant pressure because of the mesa deal and that is why we got what we got. Should we have walked out? I dont think it would have gotten us much better and I dont believe it would have been worth the pain and effort.

think what you want to think though! you people always do.

DFW doesn't make money for DL and losing it wouldn't be that big of a blow to the system.

According to analysts, the brightest spot in DAL's system in Q403 was DFW because of the RJ expansion. That's why they're doing the same thing with SLC.

An issue to bring up is mentality. Commuters used to be commuters. It was not a career but an entry level position. Management were not managers and businessmen, but people who moved up within the company. Now commuters are large companies on the verge of being majors themselves. The problem is that mgmt is still the same guys with the puddle-jumper mentality treating the pilots like puddle-jumper pilots and the operation like a puddle-jumping operation. The fact is you can't run a large company with a goober mentality.

As RJs have become the mainstream (not mainline but mainstream) for air travel, pax have fought back and said we're no longer on some prop for thirty minutes anxious to get to the hub and get on a real plane. We used to tell them to sit down, shut up and drink their water, and they tolerated it because it was a small part of air travel. That doesn't work on a two hour RJ flight that is connecting to another two hour RJ flight. Now that RJs have become the mainstream for air travel, the passengers expect to get mainstream treatment when flying on them.

We also should expect mainstream pay and benefits for flying the aircraft that has become the mainstream aircraft. Like it or not, many of us won't be here for just a short time waiting to go somewhere else. This may be a career position. And a career position deserves career pay and benefits, and a better QOL and corporate culture.

Now the regional expansion has forced such a down-size in mainline, that what advancement there is to the mainline will be slow. In our own growth we have eliminated many of the vacancies at the mainline that we were hoping to someday fill. The result is that we have created a career position in an RJ. And if the RJ is going to be a career position, then there will have to be career pay to fly it.

Last edited:
CHQ pilots doing AA COX are nothing but a ne type of SCAB, Period. F-U and your piss poor pu$$y attitude embraerjetpilot........

But American Eagle pilots doing Delta Connection flying on the west coast is OK, right?

PS: Good luck COEX

DAL wanted ASA to do the flying out of LAX but mgmt turned it down. The pilot group would like the west coast flying and we have been expanding out there. DFW and ATL crews are doing more west coast flying and more is coming.

As a result of mgmt not wanting LA, AE is doing west coast flying as a code-share, not as a contract carrier.

neal

when can qwe start fklying again can you till me the ounce a month or evwery outer month thanks

Bruce

Can someone please tell me what this means?????

box

boxjockey said:
neal

when can qwe start fklying again can you till me the ounce a month or evwery outer month thanks

Bruce

Can someone please tell me what this means?????

box

it means the future of aviation is upon us!!!!

FastPilot said:
CHQ pilots doing AA COX are nothing but a ne type of SCAB, Period. F-U and your piss poor pu$$y attitude embraerjetpilot........

Whoah there, hombre. Get your facts straight before you go using the S word.

Truth is, Eagle could have had all the STL flying to itself if AMR had chosen to do it that way. After AMR bought the TWA assets, it had the nasty little issue of what to do with TWE. It had two choices: dump TSA, CHQ and Corpex to bring in Eagle, or keep the status quo. You don't have to have an MBA to realize it was way more cost-efficient to keep things as they were (and I'm so not talking about pilot salaries, either!).

Now, I don't know if AMR made the call or, as has often been rumored, Eagle's management turned down the flying. But that's what happened. AMR kept the status quo until 2007, when the contract runs out and Eagle may indeed get those routes.

Now, genius, where's the scab in that?

Corbon said:
But American Eagle pilots doing Delta Connection flying on the west coast is OK, right?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PS: Good luck COEX

Same here.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back