• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CALEX negotiations take turn for worse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I love all this tough talk right now. Real soon, Coex and ASA will also be shunned for accepting a less than stellar contract. Until then, we get to hear the same old boring rhetoric about fighting to the death and how they will never cave in....blah..blah..blah.....

Stingman said:
I love all this tough talk right now. Real soon, Coex and ASA will also be shunned for accepting a less than stellar contract. Until then, we get to hear the same old boring rhetoric about fighting to the death and how they will never cave in....blah..blah..blah.....

And it's all becouse there were to many Pu$$ies out there who could'nt wait for their $3hr raise!

Hmmm....

It's kind of nice to see this ALPA spokesman, or whoever he is that got interviewed, kind of "struck the first blow" so-to-speak. I was kind of expecting management to come out in the papers first saying "how rich we all are," and "they only work 100 hours a month!" I'm assuming being on probation and all, I'll be one of the first ones laid off............oh well.........it's all for the better I guess.

Stingman...

If your idea of caving in and signing a crappy contract means something that is less than say 20%-30% above Comair, than I fear that there is a chance you could be right. But if you are implying that we will not even get what Comair has now than it is you who is smoking crack. Comair's contract made good gains compared to what was the standard before, but their compensation is still well short of what it should be for flying an advanced 50-70 seat airliner. Things were headed in the right direction until those 87 *&#%sucking motherfukcers at Freedumb sold this industry down the $hitter. Now we have unprecedented leverage to stop the race to the bottom and get things turned back around in the right direction. Me may not get the industry REDEFINING contract we had a chance at before MESA/CHQ, but we will at least get industry LEADING. If our mgt. refuses to pay a 4-5 year jet pilot what a starting TSA screener or bus driver makes than they can look for a new job with the rest of us.

Re: Stingman...

Dewey Oxberger said:
If your idea of caving in and signing a crappy contract means something that is less than say 20%-30% above Comair, than I fear that there is a chance you could be right. But if you are implying that we will not even get what Comair has now than it is you who is smoking crack. Comair's contract made good gains compared to what was the standard before, but their compensation is still well short of what it should be for flying an advanced 50-70 seat airliner. Things were headed in the right direction until those 87 *&#%sucking motherfukcers at Freedumb sold this industry down the $hitter. Now we have unprecedented leverage to stop the race to the bottom and get things turned back around in the right direction. Me may not get the industry REDEFINING contract we had a chance at before MESA/CHQ, but we will at least get industry LEADING. If our mgt. refuses to pay a 4-5 year jet pilot what a starting TSA screener or bus driver makes than they can look for a new job with the rest of us.

Aman brother!

Finally some guys with the right attitude! Now that the regionals are becoming a destination instead of a stepping-stone it's time to bring our wages on par with bus drivers. I hope you guys atleast get Comair plus 10%...Good luck

B1900DFO said:
Finally some guys with the right attitude! Now that the regionals are becoming a destination instead of a stepping-stone it's time to bring our wages on par with bus drivers. I hope you guys atleast get Comair plus 10%...Good luck

While I would love CMR + 10%, given that is outside of the NMB's "regional" box, I think it will be more like CMR + a little, which would still make us the best paid 50 seat jet pilots out there and we will be the first to "reset the bar" post-9/11. I, like, McPickle, would like to thank the CHQ and MSA guys for allowing us to be the first to reset the bar. Bravado aside, you guys did what you had to do in your minds and hearts and that is fine, but we won't cave.

Sam

REgionAL Airline? REAL Contract.

B1900DFO said:

Actually guys, there is a growing number of pilots here who are so pissed off with what this career has become and are so insulted by the behavior of our management that burning it down to the ground and starting over at somthing else is becoming a real option. Basically we want to get paid, or we WANT to see this place wrecked. And if some POS does ever get signed by 50%+1, I would guess there will be anywhere from 300 to 1000 guys who will say F*&% IT I'm not living this crap life for the next 8 years. COEX management wants to see if we're willing to commit career suicide. The unfortunate reality is that many here are willing. Our management had better have their plans in order if they choose to test us. It's not empty talk.

Never judge someone till you are in their shoes..

When you dont get COmair plus 30 percent, I will just stand back and laugh..and if you think that your management isnt smart enough to figure out how to blackmail you you are wrong.
I truly wish you the best, but dont put down a good group of people because you like to blame your problems on someone else.

embraerjetpilot said:
Never judge someone till you are in their shoes..

When you dont get COmair plus 30 percent, I will just stand back and laugh..and if you think that your management isnt smart enough to figure out how to blackmail you you are wrong.
I truly wish you the best, but dont put down a good group of people because you like to blame your problems on someone else.

That is the biggest contradiction I've ever read, are you sure you want that post to stay?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back