CALEX negotiations take turn for worse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sam,

I didn't mean to imply that you made it up. There just seemed to be some debate whether what was said in the annual report was the same thing that was in the CPA.

In my example however I am not referring to SCABS. I am saying that this could happen AFTER the strike ends. Meaning that once the clauses are triggered, CAL could wait until the strike ends, and then after you head back to work, begin to exercise their rights that were triggered during the strike. As it would no longer be struck work, there would be nobody crossing picket lines, and thus they would not be SCABS.

Again I obviously speculating as I don't know the details. But I would think this COULD be a legitimate concern.

Right now things are working as they should. It is completely normal for things to come to a halt during negotiations, it happens all the time from SWA to Delta. lets stop assuming on a public board and let the union do their job.

I hope you are right because 10,000+ peoples jobs depend on "your" hopes or whatever... where are you getting your info on the cpa? do you know something everyone else does not?

nedude does have the correct idea regardless of what sam says...unless he can prove otherwise?

So the strike lasts 15 days. You get the Comair +30% you want (or whatever is acceptable to end the strike) and head back to work. As a couple of the clauses have been triggered, CAL then takes 40 airplanes and gives them Skywest (or anyone else) and takes over the training center for 180 days. The drop in 40 airplanes causes XJT to begin furloughs. CAL then begins to slowly transfer more and more flying to other carriers causing less and less flying for XJT.

Then I'LL take my 2 years of seniority and my $20,000/yr and say to hell with it. I'll get a job that actually has a future for myself and family. Maybe the difference between us and a lot of others is that we just don't give a sh%t anymore! As far as I'm concerned, XJT can either pay me OR SET THE PARKING BRAKES AND TURN OUT THE LIGHTS! I was furloughed for two years and I know there's more out there. If the company wants to pay me and my fellow employees what we're worth for flying around 40% of CAL traffic, then I'll be happy to keep on living the dream.

p.s. Spare me the "just be happy you have a job speech", because I'm not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the CPA _was_ made public. Significant documents must be substantially reproduced in filings with the SEC. Some economic terms may be redacted (i.e. blacked out). The CPA was filed with the SEC when ExpressJet went public.

The CPA is a piece of toilet paper designed to scare the pilots out of a strike, and fool the investors into thinking the pilots won't strike.

NO! We are not going to get Comair plus 30%. I am realistic enough to see this. However, unlike most of you caving pu$$ies, at least we will stand up and get Comair plus something. We will also get the work rules we want. Put me in with the group that is willing to strike long enough to put this POS operation permanently out of business if they are not willing to share the wealth. I'm phukking ready. Bring it on!

vc10 said:
Most of the CPA _was_ made public. Significant documents must be substantially reproduced in filings with the SEC. Some economic terms may be redacted (i.e. blacked out). The CPA was filed with the SEC when ExpressJet went public.

Yes, some of the terms and conditions of the CPA was made public both in the IPO Prospectus (S-1 filing) as well as in all of the 10K's and 10Q's. You won't find a public copy of this document anywhere, including on XJT's investor relations site or on edgar. If someone does find it, please let us all know where to go.

At any rate, this has developed into a "mine is bigger than yours" pissing contest. The root of the whole discussion centers on the fact that yes, XJT pilots are pissed and yes, management will have to pay up, because it is going to be this pilot group that does move the bar north of Comair.

Sam

NEDude said:
Sam,

I didn't mean to imply that you made it up. There just seemed to be some debate whether what was said in the annual report was the same thing that was in the CPA.

In my example however I am not referring to SCABS. I am saying that this could happen AFTER the strike ends. Meaning that once the clauses are triggered, CAL could wait until the strike ends, and then after you head back to work, begin to exercise their rights that were triggered during the strike. As it would no longer be struck work, there would be nobody crossing picket lines, and thus they would not be SCABS.

Again I obviously speculating as I don't know the details. But I would think this COULD be a legitimate concern.

NEDude,

What is said in the 10K is derived from the CPA and put into "simpler terms" for the investor/public. You are correct in saying that CAL could wait until the strike was over and a contract was signed to move airplanes away, etc. Of course, that would do wonders for our stock price, of which CAL still holds a couple hundred million bucks of. But yes, it would no longer be struck work and they wouldn't be called SCABS, but I'm sure our pilots would have other names for them.

Sam

I am aware that CAL can begin to take aircraft away during an XJT strike, but I'm not so sure they can do it if we are back to work after the strike is finished. The CPA is void after a 90 day strike but CAL would not last that long anyway. Maybe Mr. Blue Devil can clear this up? Anyway, if they start taking planes during the strike we can just refuse to return to work until all the planes are back. Remember the 400 furloughs Comair threatened?

Dewey Oxberger said:
I am aware that CAL can begin to take aircraft away during an XJT strike, but I'm not so sure they can do it if we are back to work after the strike is finished. The CPA is void after a 90 day strike but CAL would not last that long anyway. Maybe Mr. Blue Devil can clear this up? Anyway, if they start taking planes during the strike we can just refuse to return to work until all the planes are back. Remember the 400 furloughs Comair threatened?

Mr Blue Devil is watching his Devils lose in overtime. I hate the Terps.

What makes you think Mr Blue Devil knows the answer to this question? :D

Honestly though, I don't know the answer to that question. I'd have to talk to our attorneys and their attorneys. My guess is that any "back to work" agreement would involve us getting planes back, but I have no clue in all honesty.

-Neal

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back