• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL/UAL Merger Done Next Week

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Out of curiosity: On the Delta/NWA side, how did it take to figure out the final integration list after the merger was announced?

Out of curiosity: On the Delta/NWA side, how did it take to figure out the final integration list after the merger was announced?

At least a year. Remember you want to get that JOINT contract done FIRST. It may be done fairly quickly if the CAL guys use some leverage over the CAL management to approve this merger. And, I think the arbitrators will look at the lists starting at the latest (last week) announcement of a merger, not the initial try a couple years ago. United just tried to talk to USAir about a merge, so why would a judge or judges (arbitrators) think there was continuous talk between CAL and UAL?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
thanx for your input general...now get back to flight simulator on your computer and brush up on your crosswind landings

I still can't wait to see how you do. Let me guess? Bottom 1%? Ouch.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Was just thinking about that. Relative seniority at United has changed dramatically since 2008, correct?

So if I am at approximately 75 % at CAL will that mean I am going to be approximately 75 % at UAL ?? What DOH is a UAL pilot with 75 %? I think somebody is going to be pissed! I hope this is not like a US Airways merger, but I feel we are headed in that direction.

That would put you about 1/2 way up the FO list at a combined carrier. (obviously assuming that 50% are Captains and 50% F0s) The SLI at DL/NWA was a bit contentious, but a joint contract with a pay raise and better rules softened the blow somewhat. You can't make everyone happy. The arbitrators will look it over and make a ruling, and they have their reasons, some of which each side just cannot see for themselves.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I thought that is what I meant by the post - I agree......

I agree as well. I didn't mean to sound otherwise. Beg your pardon.

Jay Pierce's position on scope is that it will NOT be cut out of the equation and it will be used to do what it is suppose to do. Protect/secure jobs. The combined airline will have scope.

That would put you about 1/2 way up the FO list at a combined carrier. (obviously assuming that 50% are Captains and 50% F0s) The SLI at DL/NWA was a bit contentious, but a joint contract with a pay raise and better rules softened the blow somewhat. You can't make everyone happy. The arbitrators will look it over and make a ruling, and they have their reasons, some of which each side just cannot see for themselves.

Bye Bye--General Lee

With a large portion of our flying being augmented the split is hardly 50/50.

Don't forget that CAL's orders are for growth, whereas UAL's orders are for replacement. Something has to be said for career expectations.
Are UAL's actually ordered? I thought there was just an intention to order. No money, no commitments, no contracts signed, no exposure.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back