• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL pilots... 757 question re: BCN-EWR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I never diverted on those flights. Got close, but never did. Parked with 6.1 once.

Yeah, the seat block next to us was something we fought hard for. Lord only knows what we gave up to get it, though.

I've only done one crossing with a 757, that was CDG-JFK last month, parked with 8.5 and I was plenty nervous about that (I'm used to the 767 big #s...)

Yeah, but if I had a dollar for every CAL bird telling Moncton "priority Fuel"...I'd be Oprah rich!!

yep AA, DL... two 1st class seats and a IRO on every crossing!

Cal... 3 rows of coach if you have a IRO otherwise crossings 8hrs or less you are SOL..

CAL SUCKS

yep AA, DL... two 1st class seats and a IRO on every crossing!

Cal... 3 rows of coach if you have a IRO otherwise crossings 8hrs or less you are SOL..

CAL SUCKS

Not quite.... if ours are less than 8hrs, it's a 2 man deal. BOS-LHR is a two man deal I believe.... and back when we had JFK-STN it was also 2 man. Many of our JFK-LHR 777 trips are also with only 2.

Yes but the 3rd pilot 'works' the redeye over, which IMHO is the harder of the 2 legs to keep the eyeballs exposed from the eyelids. Not the DH in a coach seat BS. I'd rather take the paycut and fly, rather than get stuffed in the back.

Yes but the 3rd pilot 'works' the redeye over, which IMHO is the harder of the 2 legs to keep the eyeballs exposed from the eyelids. Not the DH in a coach seat BS. I'd rather take the paycut and fly, rather than get stuffed in the back.

I flew with a senior FO on the 756 who was PlSSSED that the DH/IRO stuff had been reduced at CAL. Didn't care that it was actually safer to run three man crews eastbound, he wanted to stack up his month to 120hrs and couldn't do it or was stuck doing MAN and LHR, a couple of the few DH/IRO trips left in the system.

Heard the same complaints from 777 guys, too. Amazing.

Latest resources

Back