• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL orders more 787's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe you guys can negotiate a rest seat too....its really garbage that you guys don't have something specific setup, especially as CAL expands internationally like everyone else. And deadheading guys in coach internationally is unacceptable too...

I really hope you guys get some good improvements. I have a lot of friends at CAL and they are generally dismayed at the "I've got mine" attitude of many of their captains.

Then again, there's always that crowd at every airline.... we pilots don't have a good history of looking out for each other.

Good luck and congrats on the new birds.

When will this equipment show up on a system bid? Since the system bid projects positions a year in advance, it seems like it would pretty soon.

When will this equipment show up on a system bid? Since the system bid projects positions a year in advance, it seems like it would pretty soon.

I would probably guess the Aug 2008 system bid. This next system bid should be pretty big with all the 737's we are getting next year. We are getting a net of 15, and seeing as the Aug 2006 system bid had about 500 vacancies with only two airplanes coming, I would expect to see at least 500 vancancies on the next bid.

Flew with the 756 fleet manager last month. As far as he knows, it is still going to be a common type with differences training only.

As a CAL pilot I agree with appropriate wage increases for the new airplanes. However, I am confident that come Contract 08, we will obtain a significantly better contract addressing QOL and $ issues prior to any 787's coming on property. This is not the Continental of the past, the new blood being infused into this pilot group during this hiring spree is not going to settle for a garbage contract.

Very well said. There are many of us who actually had better contracts at the regional airlines we came from than what CAL currently has. This needs to change. As the old scab trash finally retires who let this crap go on at CAL for the last couple of decades, the new younger pilots are going to demand change!!!

Very well said. There are many of us who actually had better contracts at the regional airlines we came from than what CAL currently has. This needs to change. As the old scab trash finally retires who let this crap go on at CAL for the last couple of decades, the new younger pilots are going to demand change!!!

Except for the sons and daughters of the scabs.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back