• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cal mec response to ual mec

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The UAL pilots control the merger... End of story. Longevity cannot be ignored either. Buckle up. This is going to be a rough ride, thx again to ALPA

Are you allowed to fly when you take crack over there Eastie?

Wendy’s spin was nice. But the reality is that it is 180 degrees from the real truth.

I’m writing this as a CAL pilot who has talked to my reps.

We asked the UAL MEC what they wanted for B747 pay. Then we simply requested that the B777 be included in that same pay category, thus providing more pay for everyone. But the UAL MEC wanted the B777 to be paid LESS. Why would the UAL MEC want the B777 paid lower? That is less money for everyone. Simple answer – seniority grab. Yet they try to hide behind some resolution. Give me a break.

For any United pilot that wants to get on here and go on about “concessionary contract pay rate banding BS”… please spare me the crap. Look at the UPS pilot contract. All equipment is paid in the same band. Is that a concessionary contract? http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/cargo/ups.html A UPS First Officer on any equipment makes more than a United B767 Captain. Whether certain equipment is paid the same or not has no bearing on it being concessionary. The actual pay rate has more to do with it.

The ironic thing about this is that Jayson Baron has done more for the furloughed United pilots through the Transition Agreement in agreeing to hire all of the furloughed United pilots, than their own MEC has done for them in the past (selling them out on SCOPE). My understanding is that the UAL MEC sold the furloughed pilots down the river on the LOA that gave up scope further (whiteford?). Don’t get me wrong about hiring the furloughed United pilots - this is the right thing to do. But we could have played hard ball on the Transition Agreement and demanded certain things in return for hiring all of the furloughed United pilots. We did not do that. And for one of the UAL local council reps to come out and trash Jayson Baron in a blast mail is the unthinkable.

One more point worth mentioning. United’s contract had horrible language with regards to merger scope protection. Our contract did have merger scope protection. However, Smisek could have shrunk United way down and/or shifted flying to us. We also played nice on this issue in the Transition Agreement and made sure that United had the same level of protection to prevent whipsawing. If we were after some sort of seniority grab as the UAL MEC insinuates, then we could have played hardball on this issue, as this would have benefited us greatly on the seniority list integration.

Wendy owes the Continental pilots an apology. So does the entire UAL MEC. I trust that this issue will be resolved, but even after it is, I fear that the UAL MEC has created permanent damage in unity over this ridiculous issue. You have to choose your battles. This is certainly not one of them.

Some of you guys should think about emailing your United reps about this.

Your stance is EXACTLY what the ALPA Merger Policy tries to avoid and what the two pilot groups signed an agreement promising that they would NOT do. You are mixing the JCBA with the SLI. It is the wrong thing to do. We are supposed to be working TOGETHER to get the best possible contract. You are already maneuvering for position on the SLI. They are to be kept separate.

"I" am not maneuvering for anything. Why would the UAL NC, the UAL MEC Chairman, the Cal NC, the Cal MEC Chairman, and the Cal MEC all think it's good enough to agree on but the UAL MEC doesn't at the last minute? I'll give you a hint.....seniority grab. This would have been resolved EXCEPT for the last minute change of heart by the UAL MEC driven by....their 747 constituents. Tell me who is not "working together" now.

Look for the UAL position to change sometime next week, they are just trying to figure out how to shape it without looking like they got embarrassed in a poker hand.

"I" am not maneuvering for anything. Why would the UAL NC, the UAL MEC Chairman, the Cal NC, the Cal MEC Chairman, and the Cal MEC all think it's good enough to agree on but the UAL MEC doesn't at the last minute? I'll give you a hint.....seniority grab. This would have been resolved EXCEPT for the last minute change of heart by the UAL MEC driven by....their 747 constituents. Tell me who is not "working together" now.

Look for the UAL position to change sometime next week, they are just trying to figure out how to shape it without looking like they got embarrassed in a poker hand.

I would be SHOCKED if there was 747/777 banding........

Keep the JCBA and SLI apart......... period.

Latest resources

Back