• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cal mec response to ual mec

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
although this is a theoretically possible outcome of the SLI, I wouldn't bet on it. merger policy has changed since Delta and USAir and United will be the guinea pig. "every case turns on its own facts."

I'm assuming that you're referring to how the furloughed guys will be integrated into the new list, right? If so, regardless of the fact that you now have to somehow consider longetivity in merging these guys, the "career expectations" of someone that wasn't employed or on property when the merger took place is still pretty dire. If you're expecting that an arbitrator is going to place an unemployed/furloughed pilot above a working one on an ISL, I think you're in for a disappointment. I'm not saying that it's fair, but I don't think that's how the chips are going to fall. JMO...

Last edited:
Lunacy is hijacking your own troops and holding them hostage under what they all will agree with is a substandard contract that must go. You've been haggling with the company since 2008 to do just that, and now you intend to prolong the process albeit unnecessarily.

The only person changing the rules on the fly is you. Even worse you are surprisingly confused or ill-informed of a document which you help crafted. According the SECTION 3 (thanks for posting it) resumption of separate negotiations may commence under any one of the following of which only # 2 is no longer applicable.

Transition and Process Agreement Duration: ~7/19/10 - Effective date of JCBA or Sec 13 or Otherwise agree. NOT THE MERGER CLOSING DATE (MCD)

The 3 conditions for Resumption of Separate Negotiations. (Section 3)

1. Within 30 day After the termination of the TPA.
Conditions for termination of TPA:
- Partial termination - No JCBA On or after 12/31/11 specific sections Sec 13A
- Complete termination - Whenever they shall agree to do so. Sec 13B
- Termination of Merger Agreement 15 day notice required Sec 13C

2. At the option of any party 15 day notice required, if by may 1, 2011 the Merger Closing has not taken place. (No longer applicable)

3. At any time by agreement.

Note Section 3C. RLA Except as specified by this Transition and Process Agreement, each Party retains its rights under the RLA.

Further more Section 10 requires "both parties to maintain a professional tone in all negotiations and communications concerning such subjects, and the senior officers of the Parties, will each be available to hear and discuss concerns of other Parties as to conformance with this provision." You public outburst demonstrates quite the opposite and leaves you in the undesirable position of being relegated to nothing more than an obstructionist.

As it is obvious with CALMEC goals in their next CBA, UAL pilots are about recovering the concessions including unbanding, made under the cold nozzle of the 1113 process. Not to conceding any more to anyone. Neither to management, CAL MEC or to you. Let me help you get back on the right radial. 360 is the heading to intercept and it's a course away from a VOR call Concession (CCN).

You might have no issue living under the current terms of your existing draconian CBA. I think those you represent will differ from that sentiment?

The problem with your argument is you apparently don't understand that what you brought to the table, when this merger was announced, is your starting point for negotiations. It's really that simple. UAL, unfortunately for them, does not distinguish between a 747 and a 777 for pay purposes. Period. It's too late to change that now for the purposes of the merger. I realize that is a bitter pill to swallow but that's reality.

No one is going to pay Donovan McNabb what they paid him ten years ago because he doesn't bring that skill set to the table anymore, UAL is no different.

No one is going to pay Donovan McNabb what they paid him ten years ago because he doesn't bring that skill set to the table anymore, UAL is no different.[/QUOTE]

It is people like you that are going to cause hate and discontent between our pilot groups with your statements. Sad...but I guess that's what we get when a forum is anonymous. People's true character shines through.

No one is going to pay Donovan McNabb what they paid him ten years ago because he doesn't bring that skill set to the table anymore, UAL is no different.

It is people like you that are going to cause hate and discontent between our pilot groups with your statements. Sad...but I guess that's what we get when a forum is anonymous. People's true character shines through.
[/QUOTE]

No hate here, just not going to stand by and watch a small group of people artificially inflate their seniority. Nothing more-nothing less.

I think this might take the cake as the dumbest analogy so far on FI.

You, of course, think the UAL starting position in this merger should be their pre-bankruptcy contract- correct? Sorry but you don't get credit for what used to be, no matter how much screaming and pouting you do.

The UAL pilots control the merger... End of story. Longevity cannot be ignored either. Buckle up. This is going to be a rough ride, thx again to ALPA

You, of course, think the UAL starting position in this merger should be their pre-bankruptcy contract- correct? Sorry but you don't get credit for what used to be, no matter how much screaming and pouting you do.

Your stance is EXACTLY what the ALPA Merger Policy tries to avoid and what the two pilot groups signed an agreement promising that they would NOT do. You are mixing the JCBA with the SLI. It is the wrong thing to do. We are supposed to be working TOGETHER to get the best possible contract. You are already maneuvering for position on the SLI. They are to be kept separate.

Latest resources

Back