• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cal mec response to ual mec

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are a UAL pilot, I think you will be the one with a stroke. A 12 year guy at UAL will be placed next to 2007 hires at CAL. It happened at Delta and USAir via arbitration. Get ready for it. The only thing that softens a blow like that is a pay raise, via a new joint contract. So, stop screwing around with 747 payrates that benefit a few senior jerks that need to retire anyway.

No stroke here. I have a pretty good idea in my own mind what this is going to end up looking like. And, for a 16 year UAL guy, it's not an ideal scenario. I've always been a "prepare for the worst, hope for the best" kind of guy.

Not fretting over it, unlike some.

Last edited:
Wow. The amount of misinformation on this thread is staggering, which I guess is par for the course for some of these flightinfo.com pundits. All we need is Wayback or JoeMerchant on here to add a few "ALPA sucks" posts and we'd have a quorum!

Just out of curiosity, how many of you actually have called your reps and asked about what is really going on?

Most true post on here.

Does CAL not have different rates within there own 737 fleet. Kind of talking out of both sides of their mouth a bit isn't it!
Seems to be a little misunderstanding as to how cal pay works on this issue. This is not considered separate airplanes for staffing so you can fly both small and large narrow body 73's, there is a blended rate for dead heading and vacation on the 737. Our smaller 737's are not a sub base so all 737 pilots can fly both. Since the 747 and 777 will be different equipment that is a different issue, not irrelevant just different.

Some one else mentioned paying the a320 more then the 737 which makes no sense it all since it is smaller so the same or by the ual argument must be paid less.

ok guys and gals go back to fighting about stuff you don't have the facts on it's like watching a cable news show on this thread

Seems to be a little misunderstanding as to how cal pay works on this issue. This is not considered separate airplanes for staffing so you can fly both small and large narrow body 73's, there is a blended rate for dead heading and vacation on the 737. Our smaller 737's are not a sub base so all 737 pilots can fly both. Since the 747 and 777 will be different equipment that is a different issue, not irrelevant just different.

Some one else mentioned paying the a320 more then the 737 which makes no sense it all since it is smaller so the same or by the ual argument must be paid less.

ok guys and gals go back to fighting about stuff you don't have the facts on it's like watching a cable news show on this thread

In the first paragragh you are correct, well done.

Second paragragh, it would depend on which of the 737's "we" (i'm UAL) are talking about. The 320 is larger then the 500 and 300. When you get to the big guppy (an oximoron i know,) then I don't know the answer.

The third paragragh is right on if I am reading your sarcasm correctly. Let's move the F*&K on.

Are the 767 also banded with the 777 and 747 still? If so, if the decision to unband the 747 for a higher payrate goes through are we also going to unband the 767 for a lower payrate?

Can someone clarify something for me please? There is a UAL CBA 2003 and then there is LOA 05-01 (UAL Bankruptcy Exit LOA).

Was CBA 2003 ratified by pilot vote or imposed by a bankruptcy judge?

If you are a UAL pilot, I think you will be the one with a stroke. A 12 year guy at UAL will be placed next to 2007 hires at CAL. It happened at Delta and USAir via arbitration. .

although this is a theoretically possible outcome of the SLI, I wouldn't bet on it. merger policy has changed since Delta and USAir and United will be the guinea pig. "every case turns on its own facts."

Latest resources

Back