CAL JAN Class Breakdowns

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any news on the 2-8 777s?

The rumor is still floating around. Even with no other announced international expansion, they will need 2 additional airplanes next year for Shanghai. Buiness travelers would not put up with a 757 going to LHR if they pulled the 777 off that route for one airplane.

According to a post on Calforums a few weeks ago, those numbers are correct. The first class was supposed to be 12 but 2 folks didn't show up. I think it had something to do with all of the hiring uncertainty around the time of the age 65 cornhole announcement. Anyone know if tomorrow's class is 12 or 8?

Why would an employer want to hire a guys who will be absent for 50% of their first year? Honestly, can you blame them for not wanting to hire guys who can forgo work when they like? A civilian guy cannot walk into the CP's office and say "hey dude, my part time Falcon job needs me the next 3 weeks, I aint comin in." I could care less either way but I understand why they don't like to hire guys who have other commitments.

Why? So that our flight manuals are written in English instead of German, Japanese, Russian, Arabic, Farsi, Chinese, etc...

"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill

The requirements just keep getting tougher. Not only do they want you to have a bachelor's degree, they expect you to be able to spell it correctly!

Best post I've read all day!

Are most of the classes lately 737? Are they done with new hires into the 75/76?

Latest resources

Back