CAL JAN Class Breakdowns

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
(Sigh)

I had insurance for my whole family the first six months.

So your position is that zero company-provided health care for six months (not everyone can get tricare) and $30/hr is an acceptable situation?

This guy has "middle management" written all over him!

F a bunch of CAL. No insurance for 6 months? WTF, Over? For a company that champions how it treats its employees, that's a pretty sharp kick in the gonads to start out your career. That being said, if you like landfills, waste incinerators, violent crime, and scenic northern Jersey, by all means, apply.

Yep the EWR base is just horrible. I hate living 15 minutes from work and 10 minutes from Manhattan. I've given this job so many second thoughts, especially lately while sitting on the beach with drink in hand while on a Carribean layover...

...and to add...

How about all you guys that bash CAL for the first year pay, benefits, etc., quit bashing CAL for it!! That was all done by the union - the company just went along with it. If there is anyone to blame for this POS contract, it is our own pilot group (or 51% of it anyway) not the company.

So your position is that zero company-provided health care for six months (not everyone can get tricare) and $30/hr is an acceptable situation?

This guy has "middle management" written all over him!

Wow. Quite an assumption made from such a short email. You, however, seem to go out of your way to show what type of person you are. Assumption not required.

Let me slow it down for you, pay attention. You said that you would be without health insurance for six months. You did not say company paid health insurance. I said that you will not be without insurance. Simple right? Let's continue.

Never did I even remotely imply that the situation was acceptable. I said that I knew the situation when I got hired, AND will work to make it better. See the difference? No? Let me say it another way. No company is perfect, but I chose to get a seniority number when I could and work with the other pilots to make it a better place. The concept is one of being a part of team, a movement. Not one of bystanding until risk/sacrificed has been minimized by the work of others so that I can have it easy.

Got it yet? If you're still having trouble understanding my position then I would venture to say that you have Forward Lav Cleaner written all over you. Just make sure you don't put the paper towels in backwards, I hate that.

Latest resources

Back