• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL JAN Class Breakdowns

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All to EWR for now. Sometimes a few IAH 737 come up, but not for awhile. 33 new 737's this year, currently 16 scheduled to leave(could be more).

Yeeeessssss, and a loss of 15-18 500's or so, which equals 15 hulls. It wasn't about the base, but where are they going? 15 planes, 5-10 per seat or 20 per plane, at 15 planes is around 300 give or take. No retirements, 60 a month is 5 months. Hmmmm

Conspiracy I THINK SO; Maybe it'll be a farm team for the NASA shuttle program. Now That's a conspiracy!

Where they all going?? Isn't the total net 15 hulls??

We were understaffed last summer and had quite a few meltdowns in EWR. The instructors have been told we're continuing the hiring pace in order to try to be properly staffed this summer. So "they" are not only hiring for the new airframes and increased utilization of the existing airframes but also to catch up from last year's deliveries and expansion as well.

Last edited:
F a bunch of CAL. No insurance for 6 months? WTF, Over? For a company that champions how it treats its employees, that's a pretty sharp kick in the gonads to start out your career. That being said, if you like landfills, waste incinerators, violent crime, and scenic northern Jersey, by all means, apply.

F a bunch of CAL. No insurance for 6 months? WTF, Over? For a company that champions how it treats its employees, that's a pretty sharp kick in the gonads to start out your career. That being said, if you like landfills, waste incinerators, violent crime, and scenic northern Jersey, by all means, apply.

So I guess CAL turned you down...

(Sigh)

I had insurance for my whole family the first six months.

CAL doesn't require newhires to move to downtown Newark.

I see more landfills here in Houston.

I chose to work here as is AND make it a better place to work. I guess you would prefer someone else fight for a better contract THEN you get hired and reap the benefits. Great attitude.

I had no problem finding some insurance to get me through the first six months. Yeah I think thats something that needs to improve in the next contract but you've got to look past six months.

You've obviously never been to northern Jeresy. The vast majority of it is beautiful. . . the violent crime and waste land you speak of is called Newark. Who wants to live next to an airport anyways.

If Continental doesn't want people taking advantage of military leave thier first year they could try paying a decent first year wage with health insurance. Just a crazy thought! The reality is people have to look out for their own financial interests.

If Continental doesn't want people taking advantage of military leave their first year they could try paying a decent first year wage with health insurance. Just a crazy thought! The reality is people have to look out for their own financial interests.

Hmm, so what about the NON-military?

Latest resources

Back