• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the MD-80 is primary. They can't afford to have the 737's down for anything except mx with all the training going on these days. Also, the interns get some MD-80 sim time while they are there so expect the MD-80 unless it's broken for some reason. Good luck!

Fly

They're definitely using the MD-80 for the sim evaluation. The other sims are obviously being used for new hires and recurrents.

I used Higher Power in DFW and they were excellent. Very professional and knowledgeable. If you've been flying a jet with steam gauges, you might not need the prep, but I figured I'd never forgive myself if I pooched the sim because I didn't get any prep.

If nothing else, it calms your nerves a little bit to see something familiar right before what could be the most important 12 minutes of your life. 500 bucks isn't chump-change, but think of it as an investment.

Good luck!

The MD-80 sim was still being used yesterday during the interviews. Either way, as long as you can hold and not get the red screen of death on landing you'll be okay.

CLAMBAKE

anyone know if CAL is going to be attending the AirInc conference.. i dont see them listed. -but saw they attended the last one. id like to hear from them directly on state of the company, their future etc. as well as hand my resume to a human being there. thanks

erj-145mech said:
CO's last Mad Dog went off the property about 10 months ago, and when I was at the CO training center in Jun, 04, the MD-80 sim was running the last of the recurrent training crews thru then. I wouldn't bet on the MD-80 to be up and running. Most likely it'll be a steam gauge 737-300 or a -500 sim.

Sorry about the info, I was wrong. I thought that I saw the technicians disassembling the sim, must've been performing MX on it.

thanks for the info guys...i am planning on a sim prep...one thing I am determined about is this...they don't want to hire me thats fine but if they don't hire me it won't be because I was not prepared.

flyhigh2610 said:
thanks for the info guys...i am planning on a sim prep...one thing I am determined about is this...they don't want to hire me thats fine but if they don't hire me it won't be because I was not prepared.

With that attitude I am sure you will do fine. See ya in EWR.

I think you guys got it straight with the MD-80. I personally thought it was very easy to fly. It may be worth the $$ is you want some reassurance or if you haven't flown anything round dial in a while, but it is very stable and not very demanding. I'm glad I didn't spend the cash!

I interviewed last month. The sim is be done in the MD-80 unless it breaks, the 737 is the backup.

For sim prep I used Alteon flt training(formerly Flight Safety) at DFW. They are $100 less (sim only)than higher power and actually own the sim that H.P. uses. It's one hour in the sim which is enough time to fly the profile twice. They do a great job getting you prepared for the sim portion.

Good LUCK!

Latest resources

Back