Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

puddlejumper101

Hey guys,

Anyone that has interviwed at CAL done a SIM prep? If so, where do you all recommned? I might have one in the works soon and was wondering what the best place for a SIM prep for CAL was. Thanks a million guys

I did a prep at higher power in DFW when I interviewed a couple of years ago. I think it helped a lot because I had been flying EFIS and the sim is in a round dial MD-80. The interview profile only takes about 10 mins. and does not give you time to get used to the sim. Higher power was O.K. The MD 80 instuctor did not show and after a few hours wait they gave me a 737 instuctor that had never been in an 80 before. He did know how to set up the sim though and I got what I needed out of the prep.

thanks for the info...i am definately shopping around for options. Actually I had not considered Higher Power so this definately helps...

Higher Power seemed to have the best deal price-wise. I couldn't afford it and was concerned because everyone who got hired seemed to have gone through a prep. The gouge sites have some pretty good info on the sim profile, so I set up my flight sim on my home computer and tried a similar profile. That was pretty much all that I needed. The sim ride is very straightforward. You follow the flight director the whole ride. It's easy for me to say now, but I'm glad I saved my money.

[quote='72Gremlin]Are you sure CAL still requires an interview sim? I heard they got rid of it (?)[/quote]

last i heard they were...as of maybe 2 months ago...hmm...anyone have info on this?

It's definately still required as part of the interview.

MD-80 sim is first choice. If that's down they use whatever 737 sim is open.

propjob27 said:
It's definately still required as part of the interview.

MD-80 sim is first choice. If that's down they use whatever 737 sim is open.

Thanks for setting me straight. My friend may have to do some last minute scrambling!

CO's last Mad Dog went off the property about 10 months ago, and when I was at the CO training center in Jun, 04, the MD-80 sim was running the last of the recurrent training crews thru then. I wouldn't bet on the MD-80 to be up and running. Most likely it'll be a steam gauge 737-300 or a -500 sim.

Latest resources

Back