CAL Intel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mbox32

I am very interested in CAL and have had an application submitted for 9 months. I regularly update it and meet their minimums(2700 Part 121 turbine PIC). It appears from the threads on this site, you must have a sponsor to get your stuff to the interview list. Is that true? My "network" does not include someone from CAL, so it seems my chances for an interview are slim. Any suggestions?

Yes, best thing to do is to jumpseat on some of their airplanes. If they're cool with you, then they will help you.

Try to get a sponser. I believe as of right now, it is the only way to get an interview. Although if their hiring picks up to what some say it will, that requirement will likely be relaxed. Good luck!

Don't take this as a fact, but this is what I've heard. When a sponsor walks in to recommend you, one of the first questions asked is "Have you flown with this person?" If the answer is no, then you're out of luck. With this in mind, I don't think that the jumpseating tactic will work. JMHO.

Ok, then invite them to jumpseat on your ship! That way they see your superior piloting skillz!

I heard the magic number is 3 internals and 1 sponsor that you've flown with.

whatitdoing? said:
I heard the magic number is 3 internals and 1 sponsor that you've flown with.

What worked for me, both in getting hired and helping two other pilots get hired, was to have an internal sponsor who then walked the application in to a chief or someone high up in the training department.

I know that process works, but in those three cases, the sponsor knew the applicant very well and had flown with him many times.

I had one sponsor who was a new hire in training and one internal reference. While I was in training, I went to bat for a friend and he had three references, although I think what got him the interview was my walk-in.

Latest resources

Back