CAL Intel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ACWild said:
I had one sponsor who was a new hire in training and one internal reference. While I was in training, I went to bat for a friend and he had three references, although I think what got him the interview was my walk-in.

any idea how long to be called once moved over to the folders where they call for interviews? I was told by someone helping me at CAL that i was moved to an upper folder (in the application system) and that all I had to do now was wait.

just curious about how long people waited once they recieved the move to the small pile.....

I've heard a similar statement from my bud who is sponsoring me. I've been waiting most of the summer, supposedly on short list to be called. He talked to his base chief pilot about a week ago and confirmed I was still in the pipeline for a call, and that it might be the end of August. I have also heard recently that there was some sort of briefing or training for interviewers at the schoool house in IAH last week.....FWIW

EMB_driver2002 said:
I've heard a similar statement from my bud who is sponsoring me. I've been waiting most of the summer, supposedly on short list to be called. He talked to his base chief pilot about a week ago and confirmed I was still in the pipeline for a call, and that it might be the end of August. I have also heard recently that there was some sort of briefing or training for interviewers at the schoool house in IAH last week.....FWIW

thanks.I just need to be patient and wait..... the summer has been very slow on hiring and things are going to pick up soon ......just how soon I do not know ;-). hope we hear something in the next few months !

the latest intel is 70 a month for the forseeable future, approx 700-800 per year due to retirements and growth

lookin4better said:
any idea how long to be called once moved over to the folders where they call for interviews? I was told by someone helping me at CAL that i was moved to an upper folder (in the application system) and that all I had to do now was wait.

just curious about how long people waited once they recieved the move to the small pile.....

With hiring picking up again, it should take a month or two to get the call. At least that's how long it took for me and the people I've talked to. Good luck. I hope to see you there soon.

Not Here Little Man

screech said:
All,
does anyone know how I can get ahold of a current CAL Seniority list?
regards.

No Problem, once you get one, let me know who gave it to you. It'd be great, I'll sue your punk ass and make sure you NEVER get hired anywhere at the majors, and come after your counterpart also.

Not too smart. I'm sure someone knows who you are also.

PS, interesting you already have a 737 type, what happend?

eh?

Jonny Sacko said:
No Problem, once you get one, let me know who gave it to you. It'd be great, I'll sue your punk ass and make sure you NEVER get hired anywhere at the majors, and come after your counterpart also.

Not too smart. I'm sure someone knows who you are also.

PS, interesting you already have a 737 type, what happend?

He obviously should not be trolling for the senority list. However, I have to ask: On what grounds would you personally file a civil suit?

ACWild said:
With hiring picking up again, it should take a month or two to get the call. At least that's how long it took for me and the people I've talked to. Good luck. I hope to see you there soon.

thanks! I hope to be there soon too!

How about liable? Many lawsuits have been filed based on internal documents that are passed outside an employee group. It puts that employee in an uncomfortable situation of being harrassed by someone that wants a job at their company. If that's not a liable lawsuit, I don't know what is. Plus, how low rent is it to get a pilot seniority list to go trolling? Damn.......

Latest resources

Back