• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CAL EWR B737 said:
The head of training also told me the following:

1: 480 pilots to be hired between Sept 1 2006 and May 1 2007

2: The fall of 2007 to the Spring of 2008 pilot hiring could be as high as 800 pilots.

I wonder if I was standing next to you. I heard the identical numbers yesterday.

480 and then possibly more. They said this next hiring boom will be more intense than the last one that subsided over the summer. Gonna be busy in IAH!

Summer's almost over, back to max training

To All Pilots:

B737 Flight Instructor vacancies are anticipated in the Flight Standards Department in the near future. The following information is requested on the top of the resume. If you already have a resume on file, please confirm that you are still interested in being considered for a position by updating your resume. Although the openings are limited all resumes are kept for review for future positions.

B757/767 Flight Instructor vacancies are anticipated in the Flight Standards Department in the near future. These challenging positions entail a variety of different duties including ground and simulator instruction, IOE, Line Checks, test flights, and a variety of operations related project work. Significant travel may be required. Instructors are normally scheduled for 18 events per month, conducted at various hours of the day, including weekends.

Anyone gotten a call in the last few weeks?? I keep hearing all the stories about the floodgates about to open, and see all the intel here, but I haven't heard of any calls lately.

For those guys that are allready there, thanks for the info being posted here. I for one appreciate it.

My buddy got a call around the 1st and interviewed on the 15th. They called him the next day to assign him a class early Sept, so its starting to move.

Good luck

Latest resources

Back