CAL Increasing Hiring Starting July

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ToThePain

Just heard from training here in Houston that they are not going to wait till September to resume hiring and will increase the number of classes in July. Specific numbers weren't give but it sounds like they are expecting a minimum of 2 or 3 classes for July.

Hire 500 between now and March 2008, per school house.

Attention CAL future hopefuls...start saving every penny now. Sell the cars and move into low rent housing so that you may afford that first year.

Attention CAL future hopefuls...start saving every penny now. Sell the cars and move into low rent housing so that you may afford that first year.

I know this subject is very broad since I've read other posts such as this, BUT, for you 121 guys, what's ballpark earnings for 1st yr FO at CAL? I've always been part 135, so I don't really know how the whole pay/bid system works in your world and how it = take home pay.

I know this subject is very broad since I've read other posts such as this, BUT, for you 121 guys, what's ballpark earnings for 1st yr FO at CAL? I've always been part 135, so I don't really know how the whole pay/bid system works in your world and how it = take home pay.

All told I made about $39k my first year at CAL as a 756FO. This includes per diem, both in training (about 1300/month) and per diem for being on the road. I finished training and was able to hold a line in about six weeks/2 months or so.

I picked up some opentime and messed with my schedule. $29.97 is pathetic..

Just heard from training here in Houston that they are not going to wait till September to resume hiring and will increase the number of classes in July. Specific numbers weren't give but it sounds like they are expecting a minimum of 2 or 3 classes for July.
dont know much about CAL... are you in contract negotiations? and if you are what are the main points that you are focused on to change in the future contract??? thanks

Thanks for your help, fellas. ;)

dont know much about CAL... are you in contract negotiations? and if you are what are the main points that you are focused on to change in the future contract??? thanks

The company and the Union have agreed to early openers on our Dec, 2008 concessionary contract. The main points are going to be everything in the contract. Hopefully our Negotiating Committee will show up on Day 1 with a copy of our older contract, 1998, and use that as a starting point. Our current contract, '02 is, with the exception of scope, a POS.

Latest resources

Back