• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Increasing Hiring Starting July

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I can say to your post is BS! You haven't seen the Wilson Polling numbers I have. I will not break any of my confidentiality agreements but I can comfortably say our pilot group is very ready for the fight ahead called Contract 08 negotiations.

How about we stop negotiating on a public forum, stop taking shots at our pilot group and ready ourselves for the war ahead called Contract 08. Today One Hundred of your union Brothers and Sisters participated in a very successful CAL Stockholders meeting. Your MEC chairman along with the hundred pilots in attendance did an outstanding job letting our management, board of directors and stockholders that Continental Pilots are ready to fight for our fair share. Larry Kellner even publically stated several times our CAL ALPA phrase of an "On Time Contract" in reference to the Pilot's Contract 08.

Time for every one of our pilots to stop the infighting and prepare mentally and financially for the battles ahead!

Well said.

All I can say to your post is BS! You haven't seen the Wilson Polling numbers I have. I will not break any of my confidentiality agreements but I can comfortably say our pilot group is very ready for the fight ahead called Contract 08 negotiations.

How about we stop negotiating on a public forum, stop taking shots at our pilot group and ready ourselves for the war ahead called Contract 08. Today One Hundred of your union Brothers and Sisters participated in a very successful CAL Stockholders meeting. Your MEC chairman along with the hundred pilots in attendance did an outstanding job letting our management, board of directors and stockholders that Continental Pilots are ready to fight for our fair share. Larry Kellner even publically stated several times our CAL ALPA phrase of an "On Time Contract" in reference to the Pilot's Contract 08.

Time for every one of our pilots to stop the infighting and prepare mentally and financially for the battles ahead!

My one worry is that our scabs have crossed one picket line and the airline knows that if push comes to shove those low lives will do it again.

My one worry is that our scabs have crossed one picket line and the airline knows that if push comes to shove those low lives will do it again.

Ahh, but now there are over 1000 newbies that are ready to fight for a contract. At least I am.

You are worried about 500 senior guys that are close to retirement?? What is that now, 10% of our pilot group. Last I checked you can't run an airline with thta few people.

I am part of the 1000 new hires since 2005 and I want a lot more than our current contract has in it. Most of us came from regionals, charter or were furloughed from previous airlines with better contracts than C02. I am up for a fight. Question is, are you? Or you can just sit back and say what will it help, the scabs will ruin it for us...

This is great news about the increased hiring! I understand that there are several "stacks" of resumes and the objective is to get into the "short stack". Once your name is in the short stack though, are you pretty much guaranteed an interview? If so, how many names are usually in the short stack?

Thanks.

You are worried about 500 senior guys that are close to retirement?? What is that now, 10% of our pilot group. Last I checked you can't run an airline with thta few people.

I am part of the 1000 new hires since 2005 and I want a lot more than our current contract has in it. Most of us came from regionals, charter or were furloughed from previous airlines with better contracts than C02. I am up for a fight. Question is, are you? Or you can just sit back and say what will it help, the scabs will ruin it for us...

You can quit the "jumping on the sword" speech to me. I've been furloughed also.

It's easy to say you will do whatever it takes on Flightinfo.com. When it comes down to it, I'm not sure we can get enough support to do a strike with any real effect. Maybe some work actions, but I don't know about a strike.

As far as the 500 senior guys. They will take another 500 with them, those who agree with the way they think. The scab mentality is seen in other non-scabs also.

This is great news about the increased hiring! I understand that there are several "stacks" of resumes and the objective is to get into the "short stack". Once your name is in the short stack though, are you pretty much guaranteed an interview? If so, how many names are usually in the short stack?

Thanks.

From what I understand/heard, please correct if I am wrong..

There two stacks: interview pool and everyone else.
Once you are selected into the interview pool, yes, you are guaranteed an interview.
I heard different numbers on the size - between 200 and 800... I heard people swimming in the interview pool for up to a year.

Good luck

From what I understand/heard, please correct if I am wrong..

There two stacks: interview pool and everyone else.
Once you are selected into the interview pool, yes, you are guaranteed an interview.
I heard different numbers on the size - between 200 and 800... I heard people swimming in the interview pool for up to a year.

Good luck

Thanks!

Why didn't everyone say this about UPS and American??? UPS was less until about 5 months go. And there pay rates weren't out of site like they are now. Yes the 1st year rates suck at CAL, but other places were just as bad.

first year at AA paid $2500/month during the hiring boom of the late 90s and guys still lines up at Cecil's parking spot to get an interview........and yes first year pay sucks as does pbs

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back