• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL hiring 80 per month?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Deadhead in coach? I have never been in anything else but First Class yet. Maybe I am just lucky. The IRO trips are great!!

Yeah, you're PS in coach and standby for BizFirst when you deadhead. If BF fills up with revenue pax or a higher priority PS non-rev you're in the back :(

So far I've been pretty lucky too :)

Heard, from a friend who has a friend in training at CAL right now, that they are telling new-hires if UAL/ CAL merge they will be furloughed. Any new-hires in training care to chime in here?

Don't shoot the msngr, this is just what was told to me.

I highly doubt they would get furloughed right away if at all, and who knows when the merger will happen and how may they will have below them when it happens. All I know is we are short and UAL is short so if there were to be furloughs I thinks it would happen down the road after a downturn in the industry.

As far as not taking a job here, every place there is a risk but you can't have the possibity of making more then 100/hr if you stay at regionals forever.

If I never upgrade I will still make at leat 115/hour in 12 years versus 18 years as a 737 FO plus the B fund that I did not have it was a no brainer for me. But each person is different.

Last edited:
During my interview I asked why all the hiring this year with only two 777's scheduled for delivery THIS year.

There response is that it is due to retirements (340+) this year and increasing block hours which is done by increasing the a/c utilization significantly.

Sounds good to me. :)

Yep, sounds like a real blast. At least when you fly you actually get to do the takeoff and landing (sometimes) before filling out mindless hours of soduku and crossword puzzles. Guys like you crack me up.

This cracks me up too. Once you get a few hours you'll find that taking off and landing isn't all that fun.

This cracks me up too. Once you get a few hours you'll find that taking off and landing isn't all that fun.

LOL - touche my friend. Didn't say they were "fun" either - however you are actively engaged in an activity...at least for about 5 minutes.

Sweet----Someone on here can actually take a joke and not get their panties all up in a wad!! Congrats Scrap, I was hoping that wouldn't upset you too much!

Preliminary seat bids effective Jan 2008

Junior CA hire date:
IAH 737, 5/98
IAH 757/767, 6/87
IAH 777, 12/83
EWR 737, 5/01
EWR 757/767, 1/98
EWR 777, 9/85
CLE 737, 3/98
GUM 737, 5/94

Junior FO hire date:
IAH 737, 2007