• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL hiring 80 per month?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I forgot about the deadhead pay going back to 100% this summer. That is pretty huge, get paid to sleep, read, or whatever for 7-8 hours. I take it most of the European trips require a deadhead crewmember fto be an IRO for the return flight?

I forgot about the deadhead pay going back to 100% this summer. That is pretty huge, get paid to sleep, read, or whatever for 7-8 hours. I take it most of the European trips require a deadhead crewmember fto be an IRO for the return flight?

Correct. Most western european destinations are 7:30-7:45 block going over and 8:10-8:40 coming back. Deadhead in coach on the way over and IRO on the way back...

Does anybody got a call from CAL lately? How long does it wait to get called? Any walk-in?? Anxious mind wants to know..

Thanks

I got a call for an interview on Monday. Interview will be on Jan 25th in Newark. I initially applied in September, so 4 month wait or so.

Does anybody got a call from CAL lately? How long does it wait to get called? Any walk-in?? Anxious mind wants to know..

Thanks

WTFO ?!?!? Let's hope you can talk better than you write if you get an interview.

Good luck.

Thanks

now thats funny!

Still waiting. Applied initially back in in April '05. Update every month. Four internal walk-ins (one a 20 year captain), met them at an Air-Inc, five years at a Continental Connection airline, no accidents, incidents or failures, 2000 hours 121 turbine PIC, training department experience, college degree, live within driving distance of ewr. Still waiting on a call.

Had a friend with less time and no walk-ins get called three months after submitting his stuff.

Who knows the magic formula. Would still love to get on there.

Heard, from a friend who has a friend in training at CAL right now, that they are telling new-hires if UAL/ CAL merge they will be furloughed. Any new-hires in training care to chime in here?

Don't shoot the msngr, this is just what was told to me.

Heard, from a friend who has a friend in training at CAL right now, that they are telling new-hires if UAL/ CAL merge they will be furloughed. Any new-hires in training care to chime in here?

Don't shoot the msngr, this is just what was told to me.

Not True!

Latest resources

Back