• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL hiring 80 per month?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got called this week for an interview next week....Was just under a year from when I applied til I got a call. Had someone from the Training Dept and an FO movin' my stuff along.. Good Luck

Thanks for all the useful info, folks, and for those with nothing good to add, go play with your toys.

I've put my stuff in for quite a while, and want to see if i'll get called before I retire... Does anybody know if age would make a difference in their "magic formula" as well??

Thanks again.

I don't think age makes a difference. I know people from late 30's to early 20's getting the call. I had my stuff in for about 4 months before the call, interviewed in Jan class in Feb. Keep the faith the way they are hiring you should get the call sooner rather than later.

By toys do you mean our Boeings?

Relax dude, you're the one who wrote the question in some strange form of english.

As it's been said. It has nothing to do with total time. It's all about internal recs. That's why my class had min timers and 8000 hour guys. Latest news from the EWR CP is that hiring will continue indefinetly.

CAL new Hires

16 per month until April 07 Then one class of 13 on May 5th. Off for the Summer to have the instructors fly the line.

How about 16 per week not month, typo I am sure.

I really doubt that anybody in the training department would come out and say anything like that, especially to newhires. How do you think that would effect their mindset for training???

I know, I know, don't shoot the messenger.

Heard, from a friend who has a friend in training at CAL right now, that they are telling new-hires if UAL/ CAL merge they will be furloughed. Any new-hires in training care to chime in here?

Don't shoot the msngr, this is just what was told to me.

I would rather be furlouged from a major than be working at a regional......it would be as easy as find another job while furlouged.....I dont see what the big fret is all aboot....

Not sure what the formula is either. I had my app in over a year. I've been on the short list a few months now. I just got the call yesterday for an interview the first week of Feb. I only have 1 rec. but he did a good job getting me in.

I went to Men's Warehouse tonight and bought a new suit. It was alot of money but it's a damn nice suit.

Correct. Most western european destinations are 7:30-7:45 block going over and 8:10-8:40 coming back. Deadhead in coach on the way over and IRO on the way back...

Deadhead in coach? I have never been in anything else but First Class yet. Maybe I am just lucky. The IRO trips are great!!

Latest resources

Back