Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL GUYS, PAY not as they stated in writting.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skywriter70

My New Hire acceptance letter for CAL stated exactly word for word, "Pay begins the first day of training. Training pay is calculated at 76.00 hours per month for a full month of training. First year pay is $29.97 per hour, regardless of equipment flown." Now, I was in training during the entire month of April, and I was compensated for 72.00 hours. I called payroll and they said that the correct compensation is 72.00, not 76.00 as stated in the letter, and that the letter was wrong. HMMMM????!!!!???? They also told me that I was to reference Section 3 Part 8 Para C..... of the contract if I had any questions. Seems to me that this letter is legally binding, and no contract was given to me ahead of accepting the job, and starting training. If it changed somewhere along the lines, hiring dept did not make the changes, but that's not my fault. Secondly, if you read section mentioned, it is geared towards not a newhire, but someone flying the line, one who might be losing pay during training because it references (2:24) or trip lost, whichever is greater. I am certainly not new to airline contracts, but would like the money that I feel I am owed. Not much, but a great deal for a newhire here. CAL guys, your input, and best course of action please.... New guy and realize that as well with regard to being a squeaky wheel, just want what I feel I am owed. Keep in mind, this also effect 100's of newhires even though they havent realized it until now.... Thanks for the input...

Seems to me that this letter is legally binding, and no contract was given to me ahead of accepting the job, and starting training. If it changed somewhere along the lines, hiring dept did not make the changes, but that's not my fault. Secondly, if you read section mentioned, it is geared towards not a newhire, but someone flying the line, one who might be losing pay during training because it references (2:24) or trip lost, whichever is greater. ..

I don't think the letter would be legally binding. At a non union company, I think you may have an argument. But, at a union company with a contract in place, I don't think you would have any chance of arguing that the letter supercedes the contract. Further, I don't think you want to get your name up in lights this early in your career over what amounts to about 80 bucks a month after taxes.

Its the principle of the "muthaf..ker". I would fight for it, whats next at CAL, no pay at all in training?

I hate to say it, but welcome to CAL.:erm:

Get ready cause it's going to be a fight to improve on this sh_t bag contract.

Month and pay period could be slightly different. I'll check and let you know, but if the pay period had more days than what were in the month.....than you probably were compensated correctly. I have a very complex pay check every month b/c mil loa and I have hardly ever had a problem....It is a pretty good system. Althogh I used to work at the hell hole called MESA!

Month and pay period could be slightly different. I'll check and let you know, but if the pay period had more days than what were in the month.....than you probably were compensated correctly. I have a very complex pay check every month b/c mil loa and I have hardly ever had a problem....It is a pretty good system. Althogh I used to work at the hell hole called MESA!

Yeah the pay period was from 3 april - 2 may which is 31 days. Your paycheck on 15 May should have been for 3 Apr - 2 May minus your advance check if you received one. Did you start April 1?? I don't know if this helps, but like every other job in the world it is hard getting in the swing of things with payroll for a month or two. Welcome and sorry for the first year b/s.

As a probationary pilot? I'd classify that as poor judgment.

Poor judgement? Done properly, this could be done without getting in "trouble." Managements such as yours, Andy, know that pilots of most major airlines are scared to put their d!ck on the line to fight for what they believe in. It's only $80/mo, it's only a few days more off, it's only a couple of bucks an hour, its only your pension, it's..................................................

Latest resources

Back